PDA

View Full Version : Do you cut your image out for mug pressing?

jaffacat
16-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi

Do you cut your image out of the paper as close to the 22x9 size as possible? Ive been leaving some white around the edges which is fine if they are white background but when I do a coloured background have noticed that the corners (near the handle) dont come out very well.

I was thinking of cutting the 22x9 close and taping it to the mug but was worried I would get burn lines around the edges.

What do you do with your image?

Thanks lisa

Kaz
16-06-2010, 11:55 AM
I just leave the paper as is, don't cut anything off, it would be too time consuming when doing a run of mugs.

and at least that way, I've got a straight edge to line up with the top/bottom of the mug :lol:

jaffacat
16-06-2010, 01:13 PM
That was what I was doing using the straight edge to line up with the top of the mug, so I dont know why the bottom corner doesnt come out when cooked for the right time!

Will have to try again, have had this problem on all the full colour mugs ive done so that is why I thought it was this problem.

Thanks Kaz

Kaz
16-06-2010, 01:44 PM
You've maybe got a blank spot on your wrap, what happens if you put the mug in the other way round?

jaffacat
16-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Havent tried that, will try it and see. It is brand new only done 8 mugs (of which 4 were white backgrounds so didnt notice)!!!

Thanks

bms
16-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Often at the edges of the heat blankets on mug presses the heat dissapates very quickly so you may experience some lack of definition at the extremes. If you need to get right to the edge then make sure the press is tightened up and possibly increase temp/ time by 10% (or reduce the image size a little).

jaffacat
01-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks Martin, will try that

purpledragon
05-07-2010, 11:41 PM
limit the width of the print to 20cm this tends to help a lot