PDA

View Full Version : teddy bears

jennywren
01-11-2009, 08:49 AM
I have to the teddy t.shirt to day once again time and temp please, bit nervous about this it seems so thin and burnable (thats not a word)
can you print on both sides if so how

Paul
01-11-2009, 09:24 AM
last time when I done them I had 185C for 50sec.
hope it help...

jennywren
01-11-2009, 10:46 AM
only I'll have a one bear so I'll give a try must rember to the card between the top so it dosen't go through to the back thanks

accdave
01-11-2009, 09:42 PM
When I'm doing the bear shirts I use a section of a cut up mousemat the size of the front of the shirt to get it flat. Effectively the cut up piece wears the shirt :D

JSR
01-11-2009, 10:45 PM
When I'm doing the bear shirts I use a section of a cut up mousemat the size of the front of the shirt to get it flat. Effectively the cut up piece wears the shirt :D
I do that but I use some of the thick 5mm silicon rubber from Listawood - cut to the right shape to avoid the seams. Works quite well. It's sold in a large 420x300mm sheet for £15 (+VAT+del.) so you can cut it to the shape you require.

Our friends at BMS also sell it - but only in 1.6mm sheets (so you'd need to double it up).

jennywren
02-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I have a mousemat that I've done wrong will try cutting it for the teddy its got to be better than card, I've still not done the teddy

bms
02-11-2009, 09:11 PM
The mousemat material will work fine as it will compress nicely when you engage the press and flatten out the seams. If you cut it to the size of the front of the shirt even better as then the seams around the neck and sleeves will fall outside the raised flattened area.

jennywren
03-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Did the teddy and used the mousemat and used bms advice about cutting to the size of the shirt, it turned out ok but as I left doing the bear for so long my granddaughter had been Kissing it and and left a small mark on the sleeve( bless her little heart) now all I have to do is find somewhere that does the bears at a reasonable price.

AJLA
03-11-2009, 11:05 AM
The last lot of bears I bought from the Transfer Press, god any one would think i'm an employee there as it's the second time I have mentioned them today!
Anyway they were really nice soft bears with good cotton like t shirts (bought separately)
From memory the xpres ones were good also but preferred the former.

I bought from places where the t shirt was naff to say the least and just looked like a piece of mesh.
BMS do a cute looking rabbit but not seen the bears.
Hope to be placing an order from them today for other items.

jennywren
18-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Just to let you know that I've order 100 bears and shirts and twenty extra shirts in case I muck up. Will let you know how they sell. Pity they won't be here for when we do our last show this year.

Stitch Up
18-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Take a picture of your stall Jenny, always interested to see.

Good luck

John

jennywren
18-11-2009, 10:28 PM
This is only time we don't have to put up our tents we have double tent, but the tents are all up, all we have down is unload set up and go home ( well the pub). it takes hours, but when we have to put up our tents before we can unload it adds two hours extra and it takes 3 hours to pack away, but only 2 hours with out the tent. This is a luxery trip. we get to sleep in a bed (in a pub http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_bounce.gif ) and get a hot meal, normally its a sleep in the van pot noodles and guard your stock but the dockyard have their own secuirty but it is the most expensive gig. But we always do well ther, need it to get through the quiet months when trade quiets down.