PDA

View Full Version : Premium Membership Info

Andrew
10-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Am I missing something or are the benefits of Premium Membership hidden?

Justin
10-03-2014, 07:52 PM
You're missing something ;-)

Here you go, it's a sticky at the top of this section:

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?3348-New-Membership-Scheme-Now-active! (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?13-Forum-Information-Updates-etc)

NikGrey
10-03-2014, 11:44 PM
I saved almost £100 earlier today by just being a Premium Member, the discounts it gives have saved me probably £400 in the last few months.

Justin
10-03-2014, 11:54 PM
That highlights exactly why I started it :-) Thank you for the feedback Nik and I'm really glad it's saving you money.

Andrew
12-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Justin - not sure if this is the case for everyone but if I am scanning through the posts I tend to look at dates to see if there is anything new. On that thread where it details membership benefits it is still on 2012 so haven't checked there recently. Just looked like a dead sticky but that is because I rarely have time to look at things properly. You have some decent offers/discounts on there now and think you should have it more prominent with flashing lights around it. A scrolling banner detailing current discounts would be good as I guess many will be like me and just not spend time looking unless it's under their nose. I come on the forum and use the "What's New" button only. Most members should gain enough to make it more than worthwhile joining, it's just getting the info through to convince them.

Xpres discount - is that off their quantity discount prices as well?

socialgiraffe
12-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Although I am aware of the discounts it is because of being on here often.

I am like Andrew that I use the NEW POSTS button more than anything and would not see the good discounts without being on here regularly.

Justin
12-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Good point well made Andrew, will take onboard your feedback, many thanks :-) Re your Xpres query, I am just speaking with Xpres and will update you on this asap.

Justin
12-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Just thrown a news ticker at the top of the screen to get us going, will work on this if it looks ok :-)

Jason
13-03-2014, 01:42 AM
Hi Justin, I like the news ticker this works for me, I notice Xpres says 10% off, and Listawood and Longforte says 10% of everything, is the Xpres discount only on certain items?

Andrew
28-03-2014, 01:16 PM
News ticker works well for me. Could still do with more detailed info though which is easy to find. I've got a short attention span and if I don't find something on a website quick I get sidetracked. For example, are these discounts for Listawood and Xpres etc. after the quantity breaks or just on standard prices.

Another thing I would also say that might put people off is the recurring payment. People don't know if this is a short adventure or lifetime into sublimation. Personally, I want to be out of sublimation asap so wouldn't sign up ongoing but more than happy to stick another years subscription in. Are both options available? I would think others don't sign up for similar reasons so might be leaving funding on the table.

Justin
28-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Glad the news ticker is working for people :-)

The discounts are clearly stated in the Premium Members section sticky. If anything changes I'll update the threads so that they flag up when you click on New Threads.

Listawood is straight forward, 10% off everything you buy. Xpres is a little more complicated which is partly why it's a good idea to call but I have detailed this.

Fully appreciate your comments about the recurring payment and this was a slight concern for me. I understand that folk may not be too happy when the £10 goes out again the following year. I have made it clear wherever I can that it's an annual subscription and can be cancelled. Members should ( I believe) get an email similar to one I receive saying that the subscription has been created.

I do think it would be a good idea to have a 12 month only option alongside the subscription and should be able to offer this option :-)

NikGrey
28-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Just to confirm - you DO get an email notification about the membership fee recurring from Paypal.

When it is set up by Justin, soon after you paid it..

James990
30-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Yep, in fact Justin apologised to me because the system didn't work for me the first time. I look forward to seeing it work on my next renewal. So much better to have an automatic renewal, it can be forgotten, and then it can be a pain. Not so much here but other places where I have a yearly sub.

James

Justin
04-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Another thing I would also say that might put people off is the recurring payment. People don't know if this is a short adventure or lifetime into sublimation. Personally, I want to be out of sublimation asap so wouldn't sign up ongoing but more than happy to stick another years subscription in. Are both options available? I would think others don't sign up for similar reasons so might be leaving funding on the table.

Both options now available, 12 month only and 12 month recurring :-)

Andrew
04-04-2014, 09:24 PM
There we go, just paid up straight away.

Justin
04-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Cheers Andrew :-) and thanks again for the feedback.