PDA

View Full Version : Graphtec CE6000 Cut settings?

tlworkwear
12-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Hi All,

Just got myself a brand new Graphtec vinyl cutter as last one I bought mysteriously died suddenly on me less than a year after buying brand new. I have been given cut settings for clothing vinyl which is working out well so far but was wondering if anyone has any settings for sign vinyl and also the thicker vinyl like flock? Only had time to do a couple of test run so far but the cutter is ridiculously fast and also so quiet I have to check on it as I was used to the old one making so much noise I would know when the job was done!

Any help would be greatly appreciated and TIA!

Justin
12-03-2014, 10:11 PM
I've been promising myself a new CE6000 for a while now, have you bought the 60? Sorry, I can't help with the settings, just want to know how good it is! ;-)

Jason
12-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Hi,

On my graphtec I generally can use the same settings for sign vinyl and standard garment vinyl, although you can do a test cut just to check cutting depth simply enough.

For flock I use a 45 degree blade, so this requires a tool change, but this only takes seconds I generally don't need to adjust the cutting pressure when when cutting flock either.

Jason
12-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Justin,

They are a cracking machine, as are the comparable Roland and summa cutters.

Cheers

RogerC
13-03-2014, 03:12 PM
I have the 5000-60 and just leave the cutting pressure the same as the machine came set at.........I only increase it if I'm cutting a metallic backed vinyl. I always set it to 'outdoor' vinyl. Hope this helps.

logobear
13-03-2014, 03:30 PM
We use
cutting force for a new blade
14 for flex/vinyl
17 flock
19 foil
23 glitter

tlworkwear
14-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Thanks for all the replies and thanks logobear, will test the settings out :)

Justin, the cutter is fantastic! I couldn't have asked for a better upgrade. I started with the craft robo then upgraded to the Cameo, got a cheap Promatex cutter which lasted a few months and decided to take the plunge with this one and very glad I did. It's so quick but the best part is the noise, or lack of it to be exact. I can now cut pretty much anything and have been testing it and boy does it deliver! Next to save up for is a new heat press :)

markt1513
18-03-2014, 09:25 PM
We use flexi sign pro for our graphtec depending on media we use different force from 40 up two 130 as some need more cut pressure I would make sure the blade is sharp and if cutting thick material use a flock blade and make sure cutting strip is new if you invest in flexi sign pro you can alter the pressure in the software go from a light pressure until lit cuts and weeds nicely the graphtec machine is cleverly engineered to be a work horse and will never let you down

Justin
01-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Justin, the cutter is fantastic! I couldn't have asked for a better upgrade.

I got my Graphtec 6000-60 and i'm putting a bit of work through it now, echo this statement, what a superb machine! I knew how good these were but having only ever used the (excellent) Roland cutters and a Sihouette I'm really impressed :-)

RogerC
01-06-2014, 05:18 PM
I got my Graphtec 6000-60 and i'm putting a bit of work through it now, echo this statement, what a superb machine! I knew how good these were but having only ever used the (excellent) Roland cutters and a Sihouette I'm really impressed :-)

Congrats Justin on getting a superb machine..........I've got the 6000 predecessor and can wholeheartedly vouch for just how good they are....................have fun :wink:

Paul
01-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Sorry for maybe daft question but what else can they do that chinese one cant? Never had any of those posh machines so thats why iam asking. I am sure build quality is different and optical eye, but what else?

Justin
01-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Immediate difference is indeed build quality, speed and precision and also volume (or lack of it!) For what they cost the Chinese machines do a decent enough job.

Software with the Graphtec is brilliant.

Paul
01-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Iam on the look out right now for older mamchine as they work with macs :)

Justin
01-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Iam on the look out right now for older mamchine as they work with macs :)

Older!? lol, just get a PC and be done with it!!

Paul
01-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Older coz they are cheaper :) i have a windows but would preffer to stuck to the mac with the lot

RogerC
02-06-2014, 12:54 AM
Immediate difference is indeed build quality, speed and precision and also volume (or lack of it!) For what they cost the Chinese machines do a decent enough job.

Software with the Graphtec is brilliant.

add to that a 'magic eye' that is really a magic eye and not just a laser that does nothing much makes the Graphtec well worth the price

windyash
11-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Im looking at replacing my Mimaki CG-60st cutter very soon , looks like the Graphtec is getting good reviews

Anyone recommend a good supplier who offers good prices?

RogerC
11-06-2014, 02:39 PM
MDP for Graphtec or Grafityp for RX series plotters. I bought mine from MDP by mail order so not had chance/need to comment on customer backup. Bought my Versacamm from Grafityp and had it delivered/installed. Customer service is excellent and ongoing as I get my vinyl supplies from them. As a very small 'fish' in a very large pond I was concerned I might be, in some way, dismissed as insignificant but the complete opposite was/is the case. If you're spending hundreds or tens of thousands Grafityp treat you as you would like to be treated..................as an important customer.

windyash
11-06-2014, 03:23 PM
MDP for Graphtec or Grafityp for RX series plotters. I bought mine from MDP by mail order so not had chance/need to comment on customer backup. Bought my Versacamm from Grafityp and had it delivered/installed. Customer service is excellent and ongoing as I get my vinyl supplies from them. As a very small 'fish' in a very large pond I was concerned I might be, in some way, dismissed as insignificant but the complete opposite was/is the case. If you're spending hundreds or tens of thousands Grafityp treat you as you would like to be treated..................as an important customer.

Thats good to hear Roger , customer service and back up is important . I use MDP for my vinyl etc and have never had an issue with them , always helpful if you contact them .