PDA

View Full Version : Advice please on bulk order ?

AdamB
18-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi all,

as there are many experienced people on this forum I thought I'd try and get a little advice.

I have just had a call from an old work colleague who is after 250 mugs of the same design. From experience (where applicable) how much would you charge for the order as there may be a repeat order in a couple of months.

Obviously I want to make something on this but also need to give a competitive price.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

AB

NASH
18-06-2010, 10:51 AM
His name is Andrew on this forum

AdamB
18-06-2010, 10:55 AM
His name is Andrew on this forum

Sorry Nash ................ you mean Andrew is the person I should ask?

NASH
18-06-2010, 11:12 AM
yes thats right Andrew does bulk orders

Andrew
18-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the mention Nash.

I would say the £2.49 + vat is a good price to go out at. That is better than most of the promotional companies out there. They also tend to add on a set-up charge of about £35-45 + vat. Try and keep delivery below £25. With that type of offer he shouldn't find cheaper that easily when doing a quick search on google. If he searches hard enough he can find cheaper so then it is a question of how much you feel you can get away with. If you feel you can have a go at something around this price first then you will still have the option of dropping 10% if needed.

Good luck,

Andrew

R.Prints
18-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi Adam,
What is it they want on the mugs?

Ray

AdamB
18-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Andrew - many thanks for your speedy response, good advice and much appreciated. That price is, well ..... interesting. I was thinking a little bit more so I guess I will quote more and see where that leaves me (if it's too expensive then I know him well enough for him to tell me to "wind my neck in").

Ray - just a logo and text (website info, phone number etc).

Guys - as always, a sterling forum with dependable advice.

i'll keep you all informed ..........

Andrew
19-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Adam - if you think you can get away with more then great. The price above should have you clear a £250 profit easy enough so all depends what you are after. If you google "Promotional mug" or something like that then you will find the companies prices that you are up against. The first page will mostly not be printers, just suppliers that use thrid party manufacturers and priced around the £2.59 mark.