PDA

View Full Version : New Site Look! Looks Great!

arko
16-03-2014, 06:43 PM
I am loving this new look that Justin has adopted. Its great to have major news right at your fingertips instead of having to go trawling!. My only question would be... left or right?.... hmmm... would I prefer the news to be on the right?... isnt that what most do?... left for me it is then!.... Sad though that I cant see the chatbox as my membership has ran out. Maybe I will subscribe again .....anyway.... just wanted to say that Im finding the new look great! Nice one Justin! :cool:

p.s. that adchoice ad right at the bottom of the page looks real lonely! .... and its soooo smalll.... poor thing!... hahahahahahahah!

Justin
16-03-2014, 08:01 PM
p.s. that adchoice ad right at the bottom of the page looks real lonely! .... and its soooo smalll.... poor thing!... hahahahahahahah!

I'll probably be removing those anyway, it was just an experiment and I don't like them.

Appreciate the positive feedback. We've always had these side blocks but I've chosen to hide them, they may prove useful now though :-)

arko
16-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Yes, I definately agree. Its also nice to see a website that keeps active in ways of design to help keep members interested. Is there also a part of that column that I am unable to see due to being a non-premium member?

Justin
16-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Only one way to find out! lol. No, I think you can see all 4 boxes.

arko
16-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Hahahaha... I would re-subscribe but seeing how I have sold all my equipment due to ill health it hardly seems worth it.... although Im a really nosey sod so it might be worth it hahahahaha!. I shouldnt really be on this site anymore but it still has some interesting topics that I like to follow so if its ok, I will hang around! :smile:

Justin
16-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Good to see we're still luring you in! Hang on, if you've sold all that equipment you must have oodles of wonga left so what's a tenner? ;-)

arko
16-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Hahaha....thats what I mean Justin.... do I?... dont I?.... do I?.... dont I?..... its a toughy!... Im really going to hav to sleep on it again! :cool:

mrs maggot
17-03-2014, 11:07 AM
i always used to just use the "new posts" tab - then anything new would come up, i dont like the way its squishes all the posts, is there anyway for an individual user to turn it off ??

dazzul
17-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Like a auto hide thingy mabob? Well is there justin? :p

arko
17-03-2014, 03:12 PM
oh dear.....

Justin
17-03-2014, 04:59 PM
I'm looking at all options, just gauging opinions :-)

dazzul
18-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Top man, for me i like it, LOTS :)

Justin
18-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Personally I'm not surer. I do agree with Laura that it can look a little squashed..but I just made my browser wider to allow for this :-) I'm looking at more advanced options so we'll see how it goes, appreciate the feedback as always :-)