PDA

View Full Version : Clothing Supply Chain Issues

ASLCreative
17-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Has anybody else noticed that the supply of AWD hoodies and some of the other brands offered by the 3 main UK Apparel Distributors (Ralawise, Pencarrie Presteige Leisure - which all have a stake in these brands) is rather adhoc recently.

One Finden & Hales item is on back order with a due date of over a month away (that date could shift backwards) and then there will only be 72 of that item coming into the whole country for the 3 distributors.

How can you run a business on delivery times of over a month away?

markt1513
18-03-2014, 08:48 PM
The problem is they have 1000 of custumers and stock runs out because they are busy they don't order until they need more and then let you down you best choosing a smaller supplier who only have a few custumers that way yiu can full fill all orders

ASLCreative
18-03-2014, 11:52 PM
Mark - I think the problem is that such brands do not have direct control over manufacturing - therefore if there is an issue with manufacturing it is out of their hands. Plus it takes a long time for the garments to arrive in the UK.

Already there are signs of a shift to UK manufacturing for garments as the delivery time is greatly reduced.

markt1513
19-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Like us they get put on stop by major players they but container loads so of some one rings up wanted 10000 t shirts they might run out of that size but want order until most of container load is sold I use 6 suppliers all together 2 big Btc and ralawise both run out of stock every week small outlets I use alsways have stock I need so it work to use more suppliers than 1 its fruststrating when you get order and they say no stick for two months my custumers want in a week my best seller whas classic olive t shirt over night fruit of the loom discontinued it I'd sell 1000s over the year if you big firm they can do as they please

socialgiraffe
19-03-2014, 04:22 PM
FOTL have not discontinued the colour Classic Olive in a t shirt. In fact Ralawise have over 10,000 in stock.