PDA

View Full Version : Plastisol Transfers

AJLA
25-06-2010, 03:34 PM
How long will a Plastisol transfer last once printed, weeks, months, years?

Paul
25-06-2010, 04:27 PM
washed proprly will last years :)

steve_c
28-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi,
I have got some samples sent this week to try out.

Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers,
Steve :-)

AJLA
28-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks folks

steve_c
28-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Hello,
I have had chance now to try a couple of plastisol samples with a few normal washes and they seem ok. I had a 2 colour and full colour sample. On stretching they do crack unlike vinyl. I also got a sample of a versacam transfer and found the colours smudged when I rubbed it before washing so will keep looking. The transfers were not soft feel but I think this might be down to the transfer material used.
Interested to know how you got on with plastisol transfers too?
Cheers,
Steve :)

AJLA
29-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Interesting. I saw some in the flesh the other day too and they were not very smooth and quite raised. He said they were transfers but not sure what type.

John G
30-07-2010, 10:27 AM
It could be the adhesive ontop of the transfer that feels rough or raised.

mrs maggot
23-08-2010, 10:26 PM
i use commercially produced plastisol transfers day in day out and they wash brilliantly, i am now looking to have some of my designs printed on plastisol, but will probably use the same US company that i buy from now.

accdave
23-08-2010, 10:52 PM
i use commercially produced plastisol transfers day in day out and they wash brilliantly, i am now looking to have some of my designs printed on plastisol, but will probably use the same US company that i buy from now.

What sort of transfers do you buy and where from. I've looked at Proworld but not sure of any added taxes etc when they arrive.

Justin
23-08-2010, 11:20 PM
I used to import Pro-World transfers. Allow 17.5% vat and bear in mind this is on top of shipping as well. I paid something like 1.1% import taxes but later found paper transfers are 0% rated and got a refund.....that took months though.

steve_c
25-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone,

Pro-world looks like a good company for plastisol and full colour digital transfers. Good that you can order less than 100 to test out your designs. Can anyone recommend using them?
I might give them a try.

Cheers,
Steve :)

Justin
25-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Never had a problem with their transfers, easy to use, instructions with every type, superb results and great profits.....must get some more! ;)

accdave
26-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Never had a problem with their transfers, easy to use, instructions with every type, superb results and great profits.....must get some more! ;)

You can order quite a few of them through Transfer Press but you have to order full packs and they only get what you order. Shame because I'd like to try 3 or 4 of a design before committing to full packs.