PDA

View Full Version : heat press just broke !

guarddog14
31-03-2014, 07:20 PM
the bracket that runs through the middle of my press has just completed snapped off , im guessing its going to be easier to buy a new one than repair anyone got a old one they want to sell :tongue: lol

NikGrey
31-03-2014, 11:25 PM
What is it?

If it's an Adkins like mine that 'Bracket' will be Mild Steel so you can get that repaired (Welded) quite cheap ! if it were me I would have had it repaired in a few minutes.

If it's cast, then just make a couple of plates and bolt it back together.

same if its aluminum.

get in the workshop man and get it sorted, it's simple.

OR, pay the postage from and to and I will fix it at a reasonable rate.

Depends on which press it is though - as I first asked, what is it?

pisquee
31-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Depending on the press, depends if it's worth getting fixed

NikGrey
01-04-2014, 12:00 AM
I have enough work on in my workshop as it is but to help members get this type of thing fixed I can repair Mild Steel breaks for £20 (and you pay postage from and to me).

Just to give you an idea of prices - it will not be expensive to fix these problems, not whilst I am able to do it anyway.

neilb
03-04-2014, 10:48 PM
the bracket that runs through the middle of my press has just completed snapped off , im guessing its going to be easier to buy a new one than repair anyone got a old one they want to sell :tongue: lol

Did you get hold of one? I've a small flatbed you can borrow for a short while if you're stuck.

Frostee
05-04-2014, 01:45 PM
My mates business partner did this with theirs. When he first got it he had it set so tight you had to literally hang off it to close it. Needless to say he snapped it within a month. They just used some long bolts and bolted it back together. It did keep snapping after every 50 presses or so but guessing there's something stronger you could use than a standard bolt. If not at least it means you can still use it whilst looking for a new one