PDA

View Full Version : Cameo supplier recommendations?

arthur.daley
01-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Hi All

I am looking to order a Silhouette Cameo today - any recommendations for good suppliers and are the starter packs that come with some of them any good? Is the bundles software any good - some kind of graphics package which looks as though there is an upgrade for? Sorry to be so vague but the whole vinyl and cutting world is a bit of a grey area to me!

I have looked at MDP and TMT so far but there are bound to be others.

I seem to remember someone selling fully warranted B grade stock being mentioned in the forums, I'll have a search and see if I can find the posting unless anyone can point me to the supplier directly.

Need to get the order in before the end of the tax year!

Arthur

ASO Embroidery
01-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Hi Arthur
I think most of the suppliers are charging around the same sort off price for the cameo itself if you buy the starter kits they seem ok although some of them may be giving car vinyl and the likes so all depending what you want to use it for.
Software wise it comes with silhouette studio as standard this can be upgraded to the designer addition but may cost you a bit more when I got mine it came with it as part of the deal so it may be worth shopping around to see if they will include it in the price if not I think its about £25.00. As for the Cameo itself great little machine never had any problems with it

arthur.daley
01-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Hi

Thanks for the reply

the prices do seem to be much the same - around £249 but some suppliers are chucking in a bundle of assorted materials to get you started and tinker with. Unfortunately TMT who I am about to go and throw a load of cash at don't bundle anything in :o( That said it may well be worth forgoing the starter pack just to get TMT support.

The upgrade looks to be 20 quid plus vat

Arthur

Justin
01-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Be good to see more suppliers selling vinyl ready cut to the right width for this machine :-)

FutureProject
01-04-2014, 11:02 PM
got mine from yolo, can't complain about their prices or service, they threw in a pack of samples and additional getting started stuff, which is always nice.

Limara
02-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Graphtec sells the " b " grade ones but are out of stock at the minute click on clearance
www.graphtecgb.co.uk (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/www.graphtecgb.co.uk)
I am also looking for the best deal on one

arthur.daley
02-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Graphtec sells the " b " grade ones but are out of stock at the minute click on clearance
www.graphtecgb.co.uk (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/www.graphtecgb.co.uk)
I am also looking for the best deal on one

Yes I managed to find the original forum posting this morning and saw they were out of stock. I am going to have a look at Yolo as recommended by Future Project and see what they have on offer.

arthur.daley
02-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Be good to see more suppliers selling vinyl ready cut to the right width for this machine :-)

I did see that Yolo had some vinyls for the Cameo in their sale section - of course, not having much of a clue about the whole vinyl thing at the moment, they could be useless - in which case could some kind sole let me know before I go and order some :o)

Arthur

Dave271069
02-04-2014, 01:43 PM
got mine from MDP, great service etc, i have had mine nearly 2 years and have not upgraded, i dont think it is necessary but if you find you need it at a later date you can buy it then, im sure mdp will throw in some samples if you ask too.
Dave

ASO Embroidery
02-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Hi Arthur,
I phoned Yolo and they sent me out some free sample vinyl and also a free weeding tool cannot have been more helpful. Have recently done a T Shirt with there Flexcut Sticky turned out fine. You will find that if you phone most of the Vinyl suppliers they will send you out some samples then its up too you to choose which one you want to go for. I also got some from the magic touch. I thought there 123 Flex and premium flex to be very good. But there is a lot of choice out there I'm a bit like yourself Just dipping my toe in the water with Vinyl so a bit of a learning curve.

Sammy

guarddog14
02-04-2014, 04:22 PM
is there suppliers that make the rolls of vinyl to fit this cameo? as magic touch 123 is 500mm in width i think?

ASO Embroidery
02-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Hi Gaurddog14
No I think your quite correct the samples I got from TMT were A4 samples. But I think there is some suppliers out there who will cut them down for you. Not sure who thou.

Sammy

arthur.daley
02-04-2014, 05:40 PM
MDP do a starter kit bundle, samples of vehicle vinyl and clothing vinyl along with a few other bits for 244 plus vat inc delivery

I tried to phone Yolo but no reply. I'll give them another go tomorrow and place an order in the afternoon.

Arthur

Dave271069
02-04-2014, 07:15 PM
is there suppliers that make the rolls of vinyl to fit this cameo? as magic touch 123 is 500mm in width i think?

MDP supply vinyl cut in ready made sheets. They are about 12inch wide and 20inch long. These are perfect for using. I get approx 2 tshirts out of a sheet. Thats 2 breast and 2 large backs with a little bit of spare. These cost about £2-£3 a sheet.