PDA

View Full Version : Hello... and help!

peterwiggins
29-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi. I'm Peter and thinking about investing in a small set up but I need some advice.

My wife and I want to be able to print photographic images to glass and acrylic panels and want to know if dye sublimation is the best way to go.

We can source glass coasters (with a white coating) that will be useful but when it comes to finding any pre-coated imprintables larger than this we can't seem to find anything other than glass cutting boards/placemats that aren't quite what we're after.

We will be happy to experiment with different materials and options to coat the media ourselves but we could really do with some advice or feedback from others who are printing on to transparent media.

The coating doesn't necessarily have to be white, it can be clear too so that white highlights in the image appear transparent.

Anyway, this forum looks very helpful and we look forward to embarking on a journey of discovery.

Cheers
Peter

Louise
29-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Just wanted to say Hi and welcome, you will get helpful replies to your questions soon I'm sure, they are a very knowledgable and helpful bunch here. I sadly am a novice with no knowledge to impart as yet :lol: But welcome.

peterwiggins
29-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks Louise. Kind of you to say welcome.

Justin
29-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi Peter and welcome to the forum!

If you can post your questions in the relevant sections they'll get the best exposure on the forum. Sourcing new items may be a good starting place or General Dye Sub Chit Chat.

Look forward to speaking to you more.

Justin
DSF Admin

peterwiggins
29-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks Justin. I've done as you suggest and posted in Sourcing.