PDA

View Full Version : Rotating mug ............... what do you think of this?

AdamB
29-06-2010, 04:13 PM
What do you guys think of this?

I have just got hold of some fantastic software that I can put an image onto a mug and (once set up) animate it to rotate.

The finished version converts to a avi file that I can take stills from and then I can convert it into a swf file if required.

The video below is a demo I just did, and is quite large in size (over 4mb in size) but once I get it sorted it should be ok.

What do you think?

This is the link for the file (http://megaswf.com/serve/19444/)

edit: as the file is a little large (at the moment) it takes a few seconds to load depending on your connection.

Kaz
29-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I like it, very clever :D

Justin
29-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Nice one ;)

Paul
29-06-2010, 07:14 PM
http://trzebuchowscy.com/MMH/images/cvwby47pqaxgyaar6jrx.gif
:D

AdamB
29-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Nice Paul .............. but mine didn't cost as much ;-)

Paul
29-06-2010, 07:39 PM
i dont know how much your cost but my look like mug :) :twisted:

Justin
29-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Now now! Combined efforts may be required!

Paul
29-06-2010, 08:13 PM
lol :P no offense :) just playing :) good job but would be nice if you post link to the software so every one can benefit.

AdamB
29-06-2010, 08:38 PM
lol :P no offense :) just playing :) good job but would be nice if you post link to the software so every one can benefit.

None taken mate - always up for a good banter!

Anyway, I did mention the name of the software a few weeks ago in a previous post I made, I actually purchased this software and had a play around with it. After I pruchased it (online) they sent me a URL to download it from ................. thing is, the URL wasn't 'unique' to me - just a general URL ;-)

see: http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=789 for that post.

Paul
29-06-2010, 08:40 PM
oooo i know that sowtware but how did you menaged to make mug shape??? this soft is for boxes :)

AdamB
29-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh (he say's in a pirate voice).

This man ere knows how to make 3d templates so the image can wrap around any object. It takes a lot of coding, time, effort and an awful lot of patience!

Only joking - the new update happened to have a mug as one of the templates when I looked into it!

John G
29-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Well - if you don't want to share - who gives a flying fcuk. Its a mug that revolves, whoopdeedoo

AdamB
30-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Well - if you don't want to share - who gives a flying fcuk. Its a mug that revolves, whoopdeedoo

sorry John - I thought things were explained in my previous posts ................. obviously not to you?

From your post I take it you aren't interested in it anyway (so can't think why you would be so rude?), but - just in case you didn't read 'all the posts' on this subject.

Initially, a few weeks ago, I asked if anyone had done this (i.e rotate a mug) - there was a little discussion about it and I mentioned 3D Box Shot as a possible option.

The software is called 3D Box Shot available at http://www.3d-box-shot.com and I mentioned that WHEN I DOWNLOADED IT - THE LINK WASN'T A UNIQUE LINK JUST FOR ME - BUT A GENERIC ONE .................. if you get my drift?

Obviously I wouldn't dream of posting such a link on this forum - but I know others HAVE PM'd ABOUT IT!

But - hey, I thought I was doing everyone a favour - but I don't need the hassle to be honest so forget it.

Kaz
30-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Any chance you can PM me the link Adam please 8-)

Paul
30-06-2010, 05:12 PM
now now gents ;)
I asked for link in PM to adam but I willing to pay affcorse for it if this software will do what I want it to do...

AdamB
30-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Paul / Kaz - PM sent ;-)

John G
30-06-2010, 07:51 PM
My apologies to AdamB - the way the thread read to me was that AdamB was trying to make money out of selling this software to board members. I have read through the thread again, there is a link to the softare, but you have to click through to another thread. I must'nt have been the only one as others have asked for the link, so its not completely clear at 1st glance.

Sorry if i affended - just a bit sick of people trying to make a fast buck out of other people.
Cheers John

AdamB
30-06-2010, 08:39 PM
No offence taken John - and I can understand why you thought that way.

I know what you mean about people taking advantage mate, I have been with other forums in the past and there's always one of them somewhere in the background .................. it's just a credit to this community that members such as yourself protect it in such a way :-)

Kindest regards

Adam

John G
30-06-2010, 08:46 PM
I should learn to read things through 2 or 3 times - then comment :oops:

It does look very good, would you use this on a website or to proof mugs with your customers?

Cheers John

Kaz
30-06-2010, 08:51 PM
If I can get it to work John, I'm going to use it everywhere I can :lol:

Not looked at it yet, too busy with other things this evening

AdamB
30-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I should learn to read things through 2 or 3 times - then comment :oops:

It does look very good, would you use this on a website or to proof mugs with your customers?

Cheers John

Both mate,

I have uploaded videos to YouTube that I embed into my listings and also send a Proof Video of a custom mug to a customer so they can see it before they purchase it.

You can then convert the avi file to swf to intregrate into a website.

I know it's a plain mug - but it's easier for someone to visualise when they see it rotating.

jaffacat
01-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi Adam Ive PM'd you re the link.

Also sorry to be a pain I cant find your YOUTUBE links to see how it is done?

Many thanks in advance

Lisa

AdamB
01-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Hi Adam Ive PM'd you re the link.

Also sorry to be a pain I cant find your YOUTUBE links to see how it is done?

Many thanks in advance

Lisa

Sent you a reply Lisa

fr3spirit
09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi Adam,

Could you ppm me the link please?

Thanks,
Andy

AdamB
09-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi Adam,