PDA

View Full Version : New Printer Xpres to rescue Green Image..

JMugs
22-04-2014, 03:02 PM
I have learned that the default for something wrong somewhere in printing is green!

Long story short
Bought used printer from Xpres good price and service including an engineer to deliver, set up etc...

Bank holiday Friday...image comes out green instead of brown.....stop everything...
I am doing a run of mugs so fire up the ricoh SG3110 and continue in a very distressed state. Couldn't do large wedding panels the weekend etc. Stress bunny is understatement!
Today Expres have it sorted. The image comes up as "Bitmap Pattern" note not "Bitmap", prints perfectly on Ricoh not Epson. Convert to "Bitmap"...sorted.
So I could have printed the large photo panels the weekend after all.
Matt at Expres is looking into it and will chat with Sawgrass to see if they are aware of it. Matt was somewhat intrigued as he said he wasn't familiar with an image that was "Bitmap Pattern" .

Now the geek in me needs time to see about "bitmap pattern".

Janners

Alastair@Xpres
22-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Hello Janners,

I am glad that Matt has got this sorted for you. If you need anything else please feel free to get in touch, we want to be sure that your equipment is running smoothly.

Thanks and I hope your bank holiday was good despite the stress on Friday!

Regards, Alastair

soulclaimed
19-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Hi Alistair probably a silly question but does the 10% discount include used printers?

pisquee
19-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Could this be the same reason you had other printers tending to print green that we didn't get to the bottom of?
(no idea what a bit map pattern is either - is this is a filetype, or a setting in photoshop?)

JMugs
22-07-2014, 11:05 PM
The bit map pattern is still an oddity, it is a file type that converts to bitmap and is then fine.
I have to say I have been very impressed with the results from the 7890, the images appear smoother and sharper. Never got to the bottom of the green issue as such. I suspect my 7600 had perhaps done rather more work than it was showing.