PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn nozzle D120

GoonerGary
29-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Epson D120 1.5 yrs old.
Artainium Easy Flow

I had some major issues with the Easy Flow system after accidently allowing the ink to run down too low. After unsuccessful attempts at re-priming the cartidges I received a brand new set of cartidges.

My nozzle checks are 98% better however I have a stubborn block in the cyan which refuses to budge after cleans/ checks and leaving to stand.

I used to flush print heads with a diluted alcohol solution but the D120 has different heads.

I have also attempted to use slightly soaked kitchen roll to try and soften any dried ink...perhaps needs a longer soak?

Any suggestions to the cause and how to unblock?

Thanks

GoonerGary
03-07-2010, 08:42 PM
I still can't unblock this.

Does anyone know how to unblock the print head?

Can't even buy a new D120!

Update...I came across an interesting thread about a different brand of printer that has the similar ink poles that pierce the cartridges. He tried the usual distilled water/ isopropyl alcohol and syringe injection method with no luck. He used a dye based ink and found that bleach was the only thing that cleaned his fingers properly. He tried injecting bleach into the ink poles and it worked!

I had another go at injecting isopropyl alcohol into each of the four tiny holes using the sharp needle that is used for repriming carts. A fair amount of ink came through onto the kitchen paper which I placed underneath the heads. I'll leave it to sit overnight on the ink pads which got a bath of alcohol also.

http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread.php?p=452061

GoonerGary
04-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Ian mentioned the Magic Bullet video on youtube so I've posted the link for anyone else who might benefit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i78Tu3RVO3s

This is the technique I've been using over the years for all my sub printers. The guy in the video mentioned the use of a surfactant so perhaps there is some wisdom in the bleach method. When my printer decides to recognise the cartridge I will try a a bleach/ de-ionised water mix...nothing to lose!

Justin
04-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Had a smiliar problem and tried everything I could find but in the end I just ahd to replcae the printer :(

Ian M
04-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Justin,

I said to Gary I had the same problem not so long since on my old D120 & I just couldn't get yellow to print no matter what I did. I was at desperation point trying to think what to do so, I just took out the yellow cartridge wet my finger tip in my mouth & rubbed the nozzle on the yellow cartridge. I put it back in then did a nozzle check & hey presto work perfect.

I did a test print that had a lot of yellow in it & that came out perfect too. I then printed the job off I needed to do & all came out perfect.

As I said I was just at the point of desperation to do what I did but hey it worked.......lol.

I've done it a few times now & it always worked & haven't a clue why but, I might just have magic spit.......lol.

Ian

Justin
04-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Maybe you could bottle it "Magic Spit".....Gross. :lol:

Ian M
04-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Well, who would have thought liquid paper would have sold so well....lol.

How do you write on paper in a liquid form?

So, Justin you never know 'Magic Spit' just might get me the Bentley I promised myself years ago.

A close friend of mine his Grandfather & Great Uncle were major UK car manufacturers & they were offered the chance to make the VW Beetle just after World War 2. They turned it down as they thought nobody would want a cheap rear engine car that looked like that. 20 years later they brought out the Hillman Imp which damn near finished them.

It's a strange old world & sometimes strange things do work.........lol.

Just wondering how many people on here will now try wetting their finger tip to try what I did. :geek:

Ian