PDA

View Full Version : Well you learn something new every day......

DS Designs
23-04-2014, 05:07 PM
After seven years of owning a versacamm I found out today you can dye cut decals...I have always just cut the vinyl leaving them on the sheet and cut individually..now I can cut the backing paper to the same shape too :D ...Happy days!

Justin
23-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Could you cut the backing paper a little larger so that the decal peels off easier? ;-)

RogerC
23-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Yes you can Justin. I recently had an order for 1000 decals. I already knew about 'perforated cutting' on the Versacamm but never bothered much with it until this order even though I had set mine up to do it. All you do is put the cut line for the backing sheet about 2mm bigger than the decal. Then set the programme to cut the decal and also cut the 'image' boundaries. With this setting it prints, cuts the decal, cuts the vinyl approximately 1mm out from the decal and then does the perforate cuts through the vinyl and backing sheet. So in essence there's 2 cuts for the vinyl and one for vinyl/backing sheer perforation cut.

It used to take me ages printing then cutting the decals by rotary cutter but now the versacamm does all the time consuming work on it's own.

It's a neat trick but as it means the blade contacts the cutting strip it does wear blades a little quicker. However the finished product is much nicer as all the individual decals are on uniform size backing paper............:biggrin: