PDA

View Full Version : Print faded and fuzzy problems

Louise
29-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh boy embroidery is a walk in the park comapred to this printing stuff :lol:

I have a Ricoh e3300n and use photo elements to print off. I'm wondering if a) that combination isnt good and I should use Corel (sp?) draw instead, as the print setting list corel and Adobe but not Elements, or b) its an ok combination but I need to add some settings I dont know about, or c) I havent any clue what else, maybe every bit of artwork I try is rubbish although non is faded or fuzzy when printed normaly.

Any help, tips or suggestions for a frustrated newbie? (and a woman at that with oh so little patience for technology :D )

smartarts
30-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi Louise,
I am also new to the forum and still wondering about going in to sublimation, but I use photoshop a great deal in the other side of our business. Elements is just a cut down version of photoshop, without so many bells and whistles, I am sure that and the printer are not the problem if you are printing at 300dpi or above. Maybe other members of the forum could advise on the problem, myself I would be looking at the mug press and blanket, what model are you using.

bms
30-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi Louise,
It doesn't matter what package you print from with the Ricoh GXe3300 as PowerDriver deals with the colour management. You could print from Word or anything you wanted to. It's only when using ICC profiles that you have to print from one of the packages you refer to. Have you installed the PowerDriver software?

Louise
30-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks. On a closer look after your post the power driver didnt seem to have loaded right, so have taken it off and re-loaded it, now I have a new selection for printer. Not tried it again yet will try tomorrow. Thanks Martin.

Hi smartarts, the press is an adkins.