PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Ian M
30-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm Ian & I'm based in Bradford & like a lot more work from home. I mainly print mugs & have been doing this now for about a year. I do have the odd dabble at other things too & now trying to get T-shirts to come out as well as my mugs. I just keep trying till I get it right & also very proud of teaching myself lots of new skills.

I have been amazed at how helpful & friendly most people have been but also have learnt to keep away from one or two iffy suppliers too. I have to admit this is a lot better work than my last job which was working in the mortgage department of one of the major banks. I was one of the few who saw what was coming & got out before it did happen.

The forum is just brilliant & I have learnt lots of new things already so, big thank you to you all who post & help great threads.

All take care now.

Ian

Justin
30-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Hi Ian and welcome to the forum :)

Appreciate the feedback, look forward to speaking more with you.

Justin
DSF Admin

AJLA
01-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Welcome on board
Mandy

Kaz
01-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Hiya and welcome :D

bms
01-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Welcome along Ian.

Stitch Up
01-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Don't blame you mate, anything's better than working for the banks - glad you saw it coming. I have many phrases I use to describe banks and their behaiour over recent times, none of which I could use on this forum!

Good luck and most of all, enjoy :D

Ian M
02-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Thank you everyone for such a nice kind welcome. You all have made my week & I feel special to belong to such a nice group of people. :D

John, working for the banks used to be really good until some of them got very greedy. I could write a book on what really happened inside & how a lot of us realised we were heading for a big melt down. In fact at one bank we questioned one of the big bosses about what they were doing & he just smiled & said to us all, 'see the exit sign over that door? well use it'.

I even had one manager at the end who was known as Hitlers Love Child & she looked like Heir Flick from Hello,hello. right down to the little round metal framed glasses & she even had the same limp.....lol. She was so nice she had two of us work till 5.30pm on Christmas Eve even though all the branches had closed at lunch time. We were told some customers might call & in 4 hours we got one call which was a wrong number.......lol.......happy days.

Once again thank you everyone for all your kind words.

Stitch Up
03-07-2010, 02:25 PM
................ until some of them got very greedy.

I should be surprised but I'm not. It's the utter arrogance and greed of the few that have cost families shocking grief with much more to come - like 1.2 million public sector jobs going.

I'd release many prisoners, muggers, robbers and the like to make room for these evil people.

Ian M
03-07-2010, 04:08 PM
John, to give you some idea of what some people earn in the banks I worked for the first bank in the retail bit behind the scenes & on average I's earn a bonus of around £300 per quarter. Now someone doing the same job as me in the commercial bit would average around £10,000 per quarter on top of the hih wages they got there too. My average take home pay per month was around £1,200 so we did need the small bonus to be able to pay for such things as holidays etc.

The last bank I worked for made it impossible for us in the mortgage department to earn any bonus at all. My average take home pay per month there was just under £1,000 per month.

When I was working for the first bank they brought in a load of new younger managers in from outside banking who didn't have a clue what they were doing. I got a warning for being off work ill when I had cancer & that's why I decided to leave to go to another bank. A couple more got warnings for being off one of these had just lost twins due to a miscarrage & the other was suffering from anorexia. The other bank was as caring & when they thought my cancer was making a return I had to book holidays to go into hospital to have tests.

The banks don't really care for their staff so how on earth can they care for their customers? When you leave a major bank you have to sign a letter saying you will not say anything about what goes on inside the bank otherwise they'll sue you or make it impossible for you to get another banking job.

The one good thing for me is that sometimes when I call my bank about a problem some of the staff don't know what to do so, I tell them & they ask how did I know that so, I just say oh when I worked there I was higher than you.........lol. It's same at my local branch I had to tell this new girl how to send a document from me using the internal mail as she didn't have a clue what to do. She even said I was wrong until another memeber of staff told her I was right & it was she who was wrong. She asked how I knew all what to do & the other member of staff just said 'Oh Ian trained us all before we came into the branch'.....lol......if looks could have killed.....lol.

Like I said I could write a book at what really goes on in the banks. Just one other thing I'm still in touch with a lot of friends who left when I did & they predict another dip mainly in the housing market later this year.

nwinks
06-07-2010, 12:21 AM
welcome to forum

Kaz
20-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Hiya and welcome :D

Ian M
20-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks Phillip

Ian M
20-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks Kaz