PDA

View Full Version : Canvases

Ian M
02-07-2010, 03:21 AM
Just had a bit of a trial with some material I bought off Ebay late last year.

I was looking for some polyester items to experiment with that were cheap. I came across some polyester sail cloth that measured 2m x 140cm & cost about £10. The Ebayer selling it is called Englishseadog it is amazingly good quality. They also do polyester flag & bunting material too.

I tried a few trial prints at 185 degrees C & 50 seconds & got the most amazing results. Another good thing is that it doesn't fray like the usual canvas material I have tried in the past.

If you do canvases give it a go & see what you think.

Ian

Paul
02-07-2010, 10:13 AM
how should I look at this message??? is it spam??? ;) :twisted:

Andrew
02-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Are you saying you use it in place of canvas? Is it thick material then?

I have been trying all different kinds of products and even materials to see what works on sublimation. The things that have gone under my heat press over the last couple of months are a bit bizarre.

Kaz
02-07-2010, 11:32 AM
The things that have gone under my heat press over the last couple of months are a bit bizarre.

I can relate to that, just had 4 suitcases in mine to put vinyl on :lol:

Andrew
02-07-2010, 12:08 PM
I had a window sill under last week.

Kaz
02-07-2010, 12:10 PM
:lol:

Ian M
02-07-2010, 08:01 PM
No it isn't spam just me trying to be of some use to everyone. So, sorry for that. :cry:

Andrew, It's about the same thickness as usual standard canvas that I have used before but seems a lot better & tighter weave. I think it can be used in place of the usual canvas as the prints I did were vibrant in colour & to be honest just perfect for phots.

Another thing it could be used for is printing sew on badges which some of my customers have asked me about.

I might do a few as samples to see what the reaction from some of my customers is.

I've also lost count of all the different things that has gone under my heat press too....lol. My way of thinking is if it's cheap then give it a go to see what happens as if you don't try you just don't know.

Andrew
03-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Sounds good Ian. I might get some to take a look at and see if any ideas spring to mind for products.