PDA

View Full Version : Garment Aftercare

edwardsmedia
30-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Garment after care? How do you lot do it?

I have a customer that is complaining because they put there garment in the tumble drier and it's messed up there logo on the garment. I was using Ink Jet Dark Paper from xpres, I did state that all garment after care information is on our website, which isn't that hard to follow in my option. I see alot of businesses don't even have anything regarding garment aftercare on there website....

Dave271069
30-04-2014, 11:21 AM
Depending on the Garment (hopefully a t-shirt) maybe do another one for the customer and Add a idiots guide letter to the t-shirt on how to wash it. but you will get a lot of issues with transfer papers if customers think they are going to be to a standard of something they buy in a shop.
50% of my garments are VINYL, but if i need a transfer for something i use a versacamm or laser paper, the latter will eventually have the same issues as your having.
remember a good feedback is great but if a customer gives you bad feedback it kills your business for the sake of a few quid...

ArtyGamer
01-05-2014, 10:29 AM
All of my t-shirts (mostly vinyl, but many dye sub) have care instructions on the packing slip, so I have many different templates ready depending on what was ordered. Phone cases and mousemats are generic, giclée prints have their own care instructions, as do vinyl t-shirts, and for the dye-sub shirts I try to give as much detail as possible as most folk just shove stuff in washing machines and expect magic to take care of everything. I also looked into getting a tagging gun so I could attach my own care labels (the ones with those plastic t-bars holding them on) where the customer would obviously HAVE to remove it before wearing it, so they'd be more likely to pay attention to them. So that'll be happening in the next few weeks.

Really, my advice is just to give them as many opportunities to see the care information as possible. Always assume that the customer is an idiot, and you'll cover yourself for most eventualities.