PDA

View Full Version : Ad Swaps Anyone ??

Ucase Ltd
12-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Hi all,

My business is almost ready to go and I'm wondering if anyone here has thought about participating with each other for ad' swaps? (If there's already a section here and I've missed it then apologies).

Obviously if you both sell T-shirts you won't want to advertise your competitor but there's a range of skills here and we could market each other.

For example - I will be concentrating on phone cases and would be happy to include ads on my site as well as include you in my newsletter if you are selling other goods (t-shirts, embroidery, etc). It would be something extra to offer our customers as well as converting traffic for each other.

If you're interested in discussing an ad' swap with me my site isn't quite ready, but you can get a feel for it here to see if it would be a good match: www.salentro.com/core/uphone

Cheers,
John.

purpledragon
12-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Hi John
cant see how that would work i dare say the vast majority on here sell phone cases as well as mugs etc etc etc now im not likly to advertise someone on my site who does phone cases as i do them myself and are you really going to advertise my site whiich does phone cases?? i know theres a friendly element to this site but not sure that strectches to advertising competitors

Ucase Ltd
12-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Hi purpledragon,

Of course we wouldn't want to advertise competitors but I know that for example there are people on here doing embroidery. That's not something I see myself doing in the near future and it's unlikely they would be doing phone cases.

Of course if everyone here is that multi-talented then i've missed the mark and this would not work :)

ArtyGamer
12-05-2014, 12:10 PM
I would have no problem advertising other members on my site. Everything I sell is designed by me, so someone selling custom stuff (even if it's all the same product types that I sell) wouldn't be stepping on my toes.

I only list t-shirts on my own site, but I wouldn't offer anyone any ad space on it as it sits right now, at least not until I added all the products that I've neglected to list over the past year or so! But yeah, as long as I'm advertising a professional-looking site then I'd be happy to do this. I'll come back and post on here at a later date when I've stopped neglecting the listings on my own site. I should probably go and spank myself now, to be honest.

Frostee
17-05-2014, 02:45 PM
given that your site isnt even ready to go yet what incentive is it for most people here? Majority of people have established websites etc. They'd be giving you traffic but unlikely to receive anything back as no-one knows about yours..

Ucase Ltd
17-05-2014, 10:22 PM
given that your site isnt even ready to go yet what incentive is it for most people here? Majority of people have established websites etc. They'd be giving you traffic but unlikely to receive anything back as no-one knows about yours..

I think that's a little unfair. I am not new to site promotion.
It will of course take time for my seo campaigns to kick in, but I do have a marketing budget and will be seeing traffic from day 1.

In ad swap you usually pair with someone who has similar traffic stats to keep things fair, or if it's a subscriber mailing and your list was bigger than mine you would just mail to a % of your list to keep it even.

It's a simple case of matching up the stats.

Also this wasn't purely about my site. I was asking if people on here had considered the concept.