PDA

View Full Version : pigment ink vs sublimation ink

marek
13-05-2014, 10:49 PM
hi, i'm new member here. i have A4 sublimation printer for mugs, poly t-shirts caps.... I wont other one A3 printer for chromablast printing on cotton t-shirt. but the last few days i start be looking for canvas printing. now i know, that i need the larger printer for this, i want epson 9600, but i have a few questions. i know nothing about pigment ink and printing. i know, that i can print with pigment ink on canvas. its different between cotton and polyester canvas? or i can print on both of this? need i fix a color after printing? how i can transfer the pigment ink on cotton t-shirt? it is possible? what ewer i can print with pigment ink?

Thanks

Henry
14-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Hi Marek,

you can print on almost all substrates using pigment ink but sometimes you will need a coating I guess. Just try. pigment ink cannot be tranferred like sublimation, it needs to be direct.

Good luck.

marek
14-05-2014, 12:49 PM
thanks, Henry

i understand, but but i can't put a t-shirt to printer i thing. only one way is sublimation or chromablast for this?

marek
14-05-2014, 07:54 PM
have 9600 refillable cartridges? can i use one printer for pigment, sublimation and chromablast printing, just change the cartridges?

NikGrey
31-07-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm interested in this thread.

I think you would have to change the carts, flush it fully and then start with the new ink (from my understanding, but it does make sense to me) - it would be expensive to do it this way.

I have a 4000 (saving up to buy Pigment ink for it as I would use this for canvass and posters).

Got a new set of 300ml carts and a complete set of new dampers - just need the flaming ink - read "Frustrated'.

pisquee
01-08-2014, 12:10 AM
You wouldn't want to do this on a wide format - as you would lose all the ink in the lines and dampers each time you wanted to change over - maybe 50-100ml of ink for all 8 colours is a lot of wastage even with bulk wide format ink prices.
With the price of used 4000s, you'd save money having another for sublimation work, rather than swapping carts and wasting ink.