Greensleeves
05-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Anyone still using an Epson R265 for sublimation printing? :D

Justin
05-07-2010, 09:05 PM
What problems are you having Patrick?

Greensleeves
05-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Started printing with this printer using the correct profile supplied with my artanium inks but found still i had to tweak the settings my profile set my printer up for. Is this common? :D
eg my profile uses photo on my printer but i have to use best photo to get the best results. i cant get my printer to print the same colours i see on my monitor.

Patrick

Justin
05-07-2010, 10:46 PM
It's possible that your screen may not be displaying the correct colours, you'd have to get a screen profile/calibration done to ensure this is spot on.

Are you actually printing the designs onto substrates or judging the print only?

In my experience the profile should work perfectly and you shouldn't need to make any adjustments at all. Putting the printer up to best photo will lay down more ink I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and I think this will just mask the problem.

bms
05-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Are you getting a perfect nozzle print before starting to print?
All that "best photo" does compared to "photo" (assuming the paper settings aren't changed) is put more ink down on the paper, i.e. increasing the saturation of the ink on the paper.

Greensleeves
05-07-2010, 10:53 PM
I will try a nozzle check tomorrow and get back to you all. ok? :D

Greensleeves
06-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi Lads
I done a nozzle check and the black bands on it is missing one tiny piece in all of the printout. I cant get it to get any better. I was reading online about gamma for my laptop monitor but cant find this on my laptop using vista. The gamma setting is to set up my monitor with the right colours. :D
From what plates i have done ive come to the conclusion that you will never really be able to replicate a photograph but you can come very close. There is a fine balance between time and pressure regarding the quality of your finished products. Ive also found that ive reduced the size of the photos for the mugs and they turn out fine but the plates can be blurry in the background. So i keep my main subject close to the front of the picture. I will keep testing until i came up with a satisfactory print.

Patrick

Kaz
21-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I can't get the colours the same on my laptop either Patrick :(

My OH did expxlain to me why, but my head is frazzled right now :lol: