PDA

View Full Version : ciss problem

Mattie
06-07-2010, 08:05 PM
I have just bought a new empty ciss kit. but can't get printer to print sometimes its got lines through and sometimes doesn't print at all.
i filled it with sublimation ink then ran install new cartridge process. I then ran a few cleaning processors and now there is plenty ink in cartridges and tubes. i have removed the small rubber plugs (not large one used to fill ink) and replaced them with the clear plastic ones with tube sticking up.

I can't seem to get printer to work and have ran more cleaning processors to see if that helps but it's done nothing can anyone help me out here i'm going to smash the stupid thing haha

Thanks

Justin
06-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Is there air in the lines? Have you tried purging the ink through to the cart's yet? Put a syringe (no needle) into the cart hole and draw back until the air is removed and ink runs freely.

I find it useful to print blocks of CMYK rather than just run nozzle checks as this can help to identify and clear problems.

Mattie
06-07-2010, 09:05 PM
where do i put the syringe? sorry never had this problem before

Justin
06-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Into the holes in the bottom of the carts (remove from printer) The syringe should fit snugly into the hole to ensure a seal, sometimes you have to tilt it ever so slightly.

Mattie
06-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks justin i'll try it tomorrow when i go back to office and let you know what happens. i've been in the print business for years doing flyers, business cards, posters etc and logo design. just got into sublimation as new venture but had nothing but problems finding right supplier, equipment etc haha

Justin
06-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Oh the joys!

bms
06-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Are you able to pull pure liquid ink through this CIS to confirm that the ink is flowing correctly? If so then, assuming there are no air locks, the CIS should be fine. Sometimes it's all too easy to introduce an air lock in these systems when you're priming them from new and this will cause printing problems.

I think, from a previous post, that you've bought a non standard Epson printer and a non standard CIS to use with sublimation ink. Whilst I do understand the reasons of cost to do this, there is no guarantees that this printer will work perfectly with sublimation inks (I sincerely hope it does for your sake), but when Epson/ Ricoh printers are tested by Sawgrass often the entry level printers fail because the printheads used are not suitable for running sublimation inks constantly.

We'll all keep our fingers (and toes) crossed that the CIS issue can be resolved and the printer will fire up properly for you.

Mattie
06-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Martin

i did notice when i was running process when i first installed it that there was a lot of gaps in hose so maybe it has just sucked air through i'll try what justin suggested tomorrow.

I have since bought a new printer and ciss after wasting time and money with other printer haha

Mattie
07-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi Justin

Tried putting syringes in bottom of cartridges but it just creates a vacum and the syringes just want to pull back it can see in the tubes that there is air as has bits of ink then gap then ink etc. i tried printing again and it came out with lines through and some colours missing.

Anymore suggestions to what i can do i would be very grateful?

Mattie
07-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Just spoke to company i got ciss from they told me to pull air out from top of cartridges did that and cartridges are now full of ink

Printed a test image came through better but still with lines so i ran a clean process and now it won't come out at all apart from black with lines through.

GoonerGary
07-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Is your CISS sitting level with the printer or as recommended?

Did you fill the ink and insert rubber bungs/ air filters in the correct order?

Mattie
07-07-2010, 04:01 PM
hi yeah ciss is level with printer and i took out rubber bungs and replaced them with clear air caps that stick out.

bms
07-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Tried putting syringes in bottom of cartridges but it just creates a vacum and the syringes just want to pull back
This is how the printer pulls ink from the system, so if you get a vacuum forming then so will the printer and hence no ink getting to the printhead. Have you pushed the syringe in fully as some CIS's have a flap inside the bottom of the cartridge (a bit like an internal lid) - the lid is pushed in when the cartridges are inserted in the printer so ink can flow out. This can be replicated with the syringe if you push the syringe in far enough and then ink should flow.

Mattie
07-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi Martin

I spoke to guy at company where i bought kit and he advised me to remove plugs from top of cartridge and put syringes in there i think that seems to have done the trick i printed my logo and small image and they came out. I'll see what it's like tomorrow though had to give up as had to leave work.