PDA

View Full Version : Advice Personalized cotton bags Please.

JMugs
25-05-2014, 12:45 PM
I have been asked about cotton bags (customer insists cotton) but each bag will be different. Dye sub easy, cotton..hmm appears to be lots of options. Some images may require photo printing.
All suggestions welcome...plus the printer, guess my subli-printer isn't the tool for this!

Customer is also asking about coloured bags

A3 is preferred ...but may be able to make do with a4.

I started looking and there appears to be soo many options.

Cost wise are cotton bags cheaper then subliamtion when printing materials are taken into account.

So is there something in the market which is better, then the others? NOT DTG...

Maybe it 's because it's Sunday but I am one very confused Janners!

purpledragon
25-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Chromablast maybe ? Or transfers

JMugs
25-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Thanks Purple
Chromablast has been drawing my attention, it appears to be less talked about then the OKI / WOW papers. I can see plenty of investigation going on.

Janners.

purpledragon
25-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Thanks Purple
Chromablast has been drawing my attention, it appears to be less talked about then the OKI / WOW papers. I can see plenty of investigation going on.

Janners.
Ive not tried chromablast myself , i understand its identical in its uses as sublimation except sub id for polyester and chromablast is for cottons it also has similar down sides to sublimation ie light fabrics only. Im guessing its not as popular as dye sub due to the fact its only any good for fabrics and not mugs etc though if im wrong im sure someone will correct me. I will get round to trying it when i can find space for yet another printer in my office

JMugs
25-05-2014, 04:42 PM
It does appear that my customers go out of their way to find something that I don't do!

Janners

purpledragon
25-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Well stop sending them to me will you cause thats what i get all the blummin time so they must be from you

socialgiraffe
27-05-2014, 11:38 AM
I have printed 1000's of natural cotton bags and use TTC3.1 through a cheap OKI 301 laser printer. Have also printed on coloured bags using WOW with super results.

I used to sell the bags (not anymore) and they cost about 30p. I think there is a company called Direct Trade Bags who will see you plain stock. You will probably need to buy by the box which is 200 or 250 units. Alternatively PF Concepts sell plain stock but the quality is not as good.

JMugs
27-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Thanks Social

smo
05-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Depends if you want cheap nasty bags (promo bags) or decent 12oz cotton bags. We did a few hundred for a customer at Devon County Show, one lot with full colour images using TTC3.1+ and the others using garment vinyl but I can assure you decent bags such as re-usable cotton shopper totes are nearly £3 each even in bulk!!

JMugs
05-06-2014, 11:26 PM
We have reached the point where the customer wants cheap....I don't do cheap. I have offered our nice sturdy sublimation bags...although I haven't had a "No" yet, I suspect it's coming.

Janners

socialgiraffe
10-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Depends if you want cheap nasty bags (promo bags) or decent 12oz cotton bags

The cheap bags are the 3oz bags which are not worth it, you can literally see through them, decent long handle retail quality cotton shoppers are about 5oz. 10-12oz bags tend to be the ones with a gusset. These still print really nice but as SMO says, they are about £3.00 including VAT.

If you think this is an avenue to look down then I strongly recommend you get some samples from Direct Trade. I think you will be pretty impressed at the quality, price and how well they print with a sheet of TTC.

JMugs
10-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Cheers all.
Looks like I'll stick to the sublimation ones.

Janners

socialgiraffe
10-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Which sublimation ones are you using?

Would be interested as the only sublimation ones I have found are very thin and iffy

JMugs
10-06-2014, 09:41 PM
xpres...they take a right hammering!

Janners