PDA

View Full Version : contour cutting mh refine 721

Frostee
30-05-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm having issues with contour cutting.

Firstly i tried with signcut.

when setting up it draws the + and allows me to move the plotter left and right to calibrate the offset. when i want to actually do the contour cut though and have to move the lazer to the registration marks the plotter will not move at all.

now i've had issues with signcut in the past so figured i'd give something else a try in the mean time. Downloaded a trial of winpcsign.

i can cut designs fine but once again when trying the contour cut the plotter wont budge. Not even the offset testing.

what type of thing could be causing this? i've got my plotter connected by usb and i'm using windows 7. the usb driver installed is the ch340 one and im on com port 6.

any help would greatly be appreciated

Justin
30-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Refine MH721 doesn't have a laser for contour cutting, it's merely a red led :-( Paul did post a while ago on here a way of contour cutting.

Frostee
30-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Yeah I know it aint going to read the registration marks with the Lazer, That's why I'm trying to position it manually via the buttons. It just doesn't seem to want to move at all in winpcsign and will only move during the offset in sign cut. I do remember reading a post on here about it with it linking to a video but that video didn't actually show anything other than how to make an outline around a bitmap. Unless there is another post I've missed?

Paul
01-06-2014, 01:52 PM
how about flexisign or starter? i am successful with them.
here is me cutting via flexi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnlN9r5XqU4

Frostee
01-06-2014, 03:25 PM
ah so thats you! recognized the voice. I watched a video of you making your own home made sticky flock some time last year haha.

is there a trial of flexisign available anywhere? if it works im all for buying it but dont wanna buy it only to be in the same position i'm in now.

Paul
01-06-2014, 04:42 PM
I think there is demo but not sure it will let you cut so not that good really :/

Frostee
01-06-2014, 05:24 PM
well that kinda sucks :/ so its a case of buy it and see if it works.

Paul
01-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Yep. Or borrow it of someone :)

Frostee
01-06-2014, 10:21 PM
wanna lend me yours? ;-)

ok so over the past 4 hours or so i've managed to acquire a version of flexi sign pro 8.1. Had a few issues but finally managed to get it to cut things nicely and trace bitmaps to create contour outlines and put registration amrks on it although it was a very different process than what flexistarter 10 seems to use.

i had to do the rip//print to add registration marks.

anyways thats done. got it printed, next step contour cutting

flexisign doesnt have that contour cut button you had. when i click cut though it says contour cut on the bottom. when I press send though instead of getting that box up where you got to align it to the registration marks it just starts cutting. it cuts the right shape but obviously not in the right place.

also flexisign didnt have uscutter as a manufacturer. I found an XPERT EH721 listed in there though which cuts the right sizes etc.

on your video the screen shots were very small by this point as it was just a small picture in picture type thing. what id the dialog box called or what are the options. i noticed someone else commented on your video having this same problem. i've been googling a lot trying to find out why it not popping up but without knowing what the actual options say exactly its proving difficult to find anything.

Paul
01-06-2014, 11:14 PM
if you used rip and print option you will have small window pop up. is called job menagerie or something like that :)
there should be your printer and cutter set up there. after hitting rip and print both, printer and cutter will have this same job. printer will have all image with reg marks and cutter will have outline job. you need to click on cutter and then "send"

Frostee
02-06-2014, 12:04 AM
if you used rip and print option you will have small window pop up. is called job menagerie or something like that :)
there should be your printer and cutter set up there. after hitting rip and print both, printer and cutter will have this same job. printer will have all image with reg marks and cutter will have outline job. you need to click on cutter and then "send"

Hi i've done a little scree record of it all.

it's already printed and sat waiting in the plotter with a pen in it at the moment just trying to draw around it. so i didnt "send" the print job. but when sending the cut theres no where I get asked to align the reg marks or anything

http://youtu.be/QlPHHOYeqNU

Paul
02-06-2014, 08:40 AM
What reg marks you use? Sorry iam on my phone and cant see it

Frostee
02-06-2014, 10:20 AM
The 4 corner ones.

Frostee
04-06-2014, 01:09 AM
The 4 corner ones.

Sorry to bump. Hoping you might have an answer as I'm still stumped :-(