PDA

View Full Version : Merrow Machine.

Earl Smith
06-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Im getting more and more orders for patches. An order for 600 and another for 500 has just come in.
Embroidery machines do an OK job of the edges but a merrow machine would give them a real professional finish.
Has anybody got one or used one and could they be worth the investment?

John G
06-06-2014, 03:23 PM
A few on ebay going for around a grand.

Earl Smith
07-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Finally got an offer price for the Merrow.
60% higher than the price in the states. Taking the p***.
I have found a similar machine, made in Taiwan, for around a third of US Merrow price.
Looks like that will be the one.

DS Designs
08-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Been wondering about one too as I have loads of orders for this type of patch.......any website for the Taiwaneese machine Earl?

Cheers

Dave

Earl Smith
08-07-2014, 04:50 PM
http://www.inderle.com.tw/product_description.php?PNo=35

I will point out.
I have never seen the machine or the quality it produces. How reliable etc etc.
But the link was passed to me from my Barudan supplier via his people in the East, and
that, to me , counts as something. Barudan also supply Chinese machines and he never has problems.
But he did say that if it was working 24/7 then to get the Merrow.

DS Designs
08-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Thanks Earl....looks pretty impressive..it wouldn't be working 24/7..far from it..may enquire on the price..thanks again

Earl Smith
08-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Price is around $2,400. (USD) plus carrage. Add on import tax and VAT which you must pay to your import agent or customs and excise but you get back if you are VAT regestered.
Get it shipped as embroidery equipment and import tax is around 2%.

Thats all I know.

DS Designs
09-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Cheers Earl!

guarddog14
09-07-2014, 04:47 PM
is this applique?

Earl Smith
09-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Nope, its edging patches. Look at the link and you will see it working.

DS Designs...A point someone made on t-shirt forum about this Taiwan machine. You dont see it finishing the stitch at the end. Is it knotted or is it loose? Apparently the Merrow knots the stitches.
Im a little confused.

DS Designs
10-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Good point...will have to use google translate and ask them..if it translates correctly lol

Earl Smith
10-07-2014, 12:50 PM
The guy who will answer your email speaks (writes) very good english so you wont have a problem.
I asked him , this morning , the same question and Ive asked for samples to see the quality.

Looking at the Merrow video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv5ta7adWH8
you dont see it finishing off either.

Earl Smith
10-07-2014, 03:00 PM
After my grump about the Merrow price Ive looked a bit more into the price in the states. The price is for the machine only, I will also need the table, motor , belts and other accessories. Making it about the same price as here. Still a lot of money for a machine that only does one job. https://emblemedge.com/

Limara
12-07-2014, 09:30 PM
can you not finish them off with an overlocker ? I have seen that a three thread machine set to close spacing for the stitches will give a similar edge to the merrow machine, you are probably talking around £350 for a decent overlock machine I have a mate that has s retired from his sewing machine shop Ill show him what the merrow will do and see if he comes up with a home machine that can produce something similar