PDA

View Full Version : Cameo Bullet (or whatever its called)

socialgiraffe
12-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Hi Guys

There is a cameo cutter that I have seen that will cut metal. Do any of you own one as I have a few questions about them.

Only interested if it can cut metal which can be any thickness. This is for a project to make custom lighting gobo's so am needing the blackout provided by metal.

viccar
13-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Do you mean the silver bullet? nothing to do with cameo
I believe it only cuts thin meatal

socialgiraffe
16-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Hi there

I do mean the Silver Bullet, and the thinner the better in terms of metal, I just wondered if it can cut 8pt text in metal?

viccar
16-06-2014, 10:02 AM
I would try asking in this forum as its the software that the silver bullet uses http://forum.surecutsalot.com/

Renniwano
16-06-2014, 03:34 PM
I have the original version of the Silver Bullet.. the Cougar and the best thing is to give Dawn a call.. who is the owner of the machines.. her contact number is 01332 605682

sublimetals_nicci
16-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Hi Simon, I have the Cougar too and couldn't get it to cut so sent some of our 0.5mm aluminium and also a thinner 0.22mm metal to Dawn for testing but she couldn't get it to cut I'm afraid, even though it will cut relatively thick card and other materials! (As an aside it will engrave the subli metal nicely though...) Nicci :smile:

arthur.daley
21-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Hi Simon

I guess you are looking to do all of this in house - but if you haven't already done so it may be worth looking to see if you can track down someone who can offer you a lazer cutting service - or maybe water cutting, not sure how fine water cutting goes. The downside being that you wouldn't easily be able to fix your customers' last minute panics :o(

Do you know what the thinnest ali sheet is that you can get away with in the projector without it buckling due to the heat or getting bent in the banana fingered hands of a butter hooved tour techie?

regards

Arthur