PDA

View Full Version : Profile for Epson D120

fr3spirit
09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Can anyone point me in the direct of an Artanium profile for Epson d120 printer please?

fr3spirit
09-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Sarah, tried PM you but it seems stuck in the outbox. My e-mail is ajackson@studiofx.co.uk if you can contact me through there, be great. Thanks Andy

bms
09-07-2010, 03:49 PM
tried PM you but it seems stuck in the outbox
Messages stay in the outbox until they are retrieved by the recipient ;)

Have emailed this to you - do you need setup instructions? If so for which graphics package?

sarahann
09-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Sarah, tried PM you but it seems stuck in the outbox. My e-mail is ajackson@studiofx.co.uk if you can contact me through there, be great. Thanks Andy

I got them all Andy - I've emailed the profiles to you. If you don't get them email me again and I will resend them over.

I really hope this helps :)

fr3spirit
09-07-2010, 04:15 PM
You guys are AWESOME!

Thanks so much for the help.

Now all I need to do is find an empty bulk feeder. Martin I have spent so much on ink from you in the last week....I probably should have just bought a Ricoh lol or a bulk system for the D120.

Now I have all colours and no system to feed it through due to both R265's being blocked / unblockable.....do you only do the full filled feeder for the D120?

Andy

bms
09-07-2010, 04:49 PM
We only have full systems for the D120, but I think someone on Ebay sells empty ones - Justin had their details on a post somewhere on the forum. Perhaps he could re-post the link for you.

Justin
09-07-2010, 07:56 PM
http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/ciss/ep ... ries/empty (http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/ciss/epson/d120/d-series/empty)

This place claim their CIS are the same as Sawgrass use. I've used cheaper ones off eBay with mixed results, not bought from City Ink yet so would be good to get a review on them :)

bms
10-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Re the ICC Profiles...
Sarahann has forwarded some to you as well, but I think from their website they are Rotech resellers which will be a different profile to the Artainium profile. Just make sure you install the correct profile for the inks your using.

sarahann
12-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Re the ICC Profiles...
Sarahann has forwarded some to you as well, but I think from their website they are Rotech resellers which will be a different profile to the Artainium profile. Just make sure you install the correct profile for the inks your using.

IYou are right, we are Rotech resellers :) MY MD had some profiles he thought may be useful so hopefully they will help. We are appointed Sawgrass distributors so any problems with anyone has with any Sawgrass product (regardless of where they buy it from), I get straight onto them for advice :mrgreen:

leethesign
08-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Can I hijack this post a bit? I've just been looking at the Q & A re profiles.......

I've only got a D21 Epson for a minute and when I asked my supplier for a profile he said there was no need for one - I just had to set the printer to Text & Image and all would be perfect. Well, it ain't really - the photo colours are a bit hit and miss and I'd like to improve them.

I'm using Corel X4 and the inks came from a company called "Intelli Ink". I realise now that, had I joined this forum before I bought all sorts of stuff, I'd have saved myself money in the long run, but that's life.....we've all got 20/20 hindsight haven't we?

Any ideas for a profile anyone - or did what matey say abour not needing a profile ring true?

What a pity that Readers Digest didn't do a "A Beginner's Guide to Sublimation Printing" before they went bust. My builder obviously had the "Readers Digest Become A Master Builder In A Day" book judging by the state of my new garage roof!

Ian M
08-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I've only got a D21 Epson

I've been using an Epson S21 for the last couple of months with really good results. I decided to try using the Epson D88 ICC profile & I'm also using Corel Draw 12 & it all works fine. The inks I use are supplied by my friends in Australia & they are Ink Tec inks.

The colours I get are the colours on the screen each & everytime. All my customers are very happy & some of them are photographers who would be the first to complain if the colours were wrong.

It works for me so don't see why it shouldn't work for others. Hope it helps you out.

Ian

leethesign
08-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi Ian,

Thanks for that - where did you get the profile?

Lee

Ian M
08-08-2010, 07:53 PM
where did you get the profile?

Hi Lee,

I got it from Signal Ink Jet a long, long time ago when I bought my first batch of sublimation cartridges from them.

Might be an idea to ask Martin from BMS if he has a copy he could email to you.

Ian

bms
09-08-2010, 09:32 AM
If you pm me your email address then I'll forward it to you.

Ian M
09-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks Martin ;)

Paul
09-08-2010, 06:04 PM
I've only got a D21 Epson

I've been using an Epson S21 for the last couple of months with really good results. I decided to try using the Epson D88 ICC profile & I'm also using Corel Draw 12 & it all works fine. The inks I use are supplied by my friends in Australia & they are Ink Tec inks.

The colours I get are the colours on the screen each & everytime. All my customers are very happy & some of them are photographers who would be the first to complain if the colours were wrong.

It works for me so don't see why it shouldn't work for others. Hope it helps you out.

Ian
I useto used 3rd party ink and profile and all works fine. what on screen was on the mug. never had a complain yet.

leethesign
09-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Yes Paul - I think my problem is having no profile. Martin kindly sent me the D88 profile, but I can't install it - XP doesn't seem to support IMS files.

We'll keep on trying though, 'cause I reckon my color p'roblems will be solved with a profile.

Lee

Paul
09-08-2010, 08:40 PM
it will accept it but u just can not click on it twice to install it. you need to manualy copy it to catalogue in windows. need find catologue profiled or something... dont remember as i have vista.

bms
09-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Lee - have you used an ICC profile before? Sorry but I thought you were already using something so I assumed (yes we all know what ASSUME stands for ;) ) you had all the other instructions. I'll forward the full set of pdf's including how to manually copy the file to the appropriate directory tomorrow (as I don't have the CD at home) unless someone beats me to it...

leethesign
09-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks Martin - I'm a bit of a technophobe - didn't even know what an ICC profile was u7ntil recently as I've never had to use one before!

I appreciate your help - and all the others on this forum. It's a really friendly place with loads of help available from nice peoples!!!

Paul
10-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Lee - have you used an ICC profile before? Sorry but I thought you were already using something so I assumed (yes we all know what ASSUME stands for ;) ) you had all the other instructions. I'll forward the full set of pdf's including how to manually copy the file to the appropriate directory tomorrow (as I don't have the CD at home) unless someone beats me to it...
martin. is there any chance to get one for B1100?? i know you did that once for me but i lost it.

bms
10-08-2010, 03:23 PM
is there any chance to get one for B1100?? i know you did that once for me but i lost it
Sure Paul - can you pm me your email address and I'll send it across.