PDA

View Full Version : MDP transfer papers waste of time and money...

soulclaimed
16-06-2014, 12:26 AM
HJust gone through 4 t-shirts and transfers with MDP light color transfer paper and its just awful, every one of pressed does not come away cleanly from the backing paper and leaves a lot of residue its a hot peel paper but cools rapidly just thought I'd warn people off of it. I'm going back to using jet pro soft stretch its a million times better

Renniwano
16-06-2014, 03:36 PM
I use the MDP transfers for bags.. but I don't use the new Active Plus stuff.. because that is naff... but the original one has worked fine for me.

Do you have the Active Plus version ??

Kevdog
08-04-2016, 01:26 AM
I have to say I have had the same problem with mdp transfer paper. I did ask the question in my local mdp but they said nobody has ever complained. I don't bother with it now I've even tested the dark paper too against others and found it poor after only a few washes. It doesn't hold the ink long and starts to crack.

Justin
08-04-2016, 01:43 PM
If they're anything like other transfer papers it's a balancing act getting them right. Once you hit the sweet spot, correct temp, pressure and time they can work well.....others at least.

I've always found pressure to be the biggest potential issue.

bigj2552
08-04-2016, 10:22 PM
HJust gone through 4 t-shirts and transfers with MDP light color transfer paper and its just awful, every one of pressed does not come away cleanly from the backing paper and leaves a lot of residue its a hot peel paper but cools rapidly just thought I'd warn people off of it. I'm going back to using jet pro soft stretch its a million times better

you are contour cutting around image/text with a cutter/plotter ?..that should eliminate any residue being left...then you need to find the sweet spot like justin says....we tried them once, didnt like them, back to YOLO for us....best transfer papers out there at the moment
once we found out the exact times/temps/pressure, great results every time from then on ;)