PDA

View Full Version : WoW 7 washing & ironing guide

Gygafo
18-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Can anybody tell me what the washing and ironing advice is for Wow 7.7 on 100% cotton, Gildan Premium and Heavy Cotton tee's please? or do I just go by the label in the tee. I think I'm right with iron inside-out??? I'd like to add a personalised paper or card insert with business details and care instructions in with each tee shirt.

Cheers!
Nigel.

logobear
19-06-2014, 05:47 PM
wash inside out, do not tumble dry, iron inside out if required on low/medium
It is important to stretch the print a little after the final press while still warm

Gygafo
19-06-2014, 07:50 PM
wash inside out, do not tumble dry, iron inside out if required on low/medium
It is important to stretch the print a little after the final press while still warm

Thanks logobear, that's brilliant and really appreciated. I didn't know about stretching the transfer a little after the final press, you obviously do this for a reason so I'll give it a go tomorrow.

On another note: I delivered my first real order to a customer this morning, five black tee's with band name and full colour logo. The customer's face really lit up when he saw them (I didn't sleep too well last night). He said that he wasn't expecting anything of that quality! The guy designs web marketing material for a large distribution company so know his art-work. It gave me a real boost and confirmed I've bought the right print system. Just waiting for artwork from next two customers and some more on the way from the first.... Great start so far!

Joohlyauk
20-06-2014, 09:36 AM
I'm just about to buy some wow 7 from The Magic Touch as the stuff I bought from ebay cracked up after the first wash. This hopefully will get me sorted too so I can finally take flight ;o)

logobear
20-06-2014, 01:04 PM
The reason for the stretch while still hot is to give it an elastic memory to help avoid cracking.
As a generalisation, WOW workes best for fine lines, spots, and smaller areas as oppose to large slabs of continuous print

Gygafo
20-06-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm just about to buy some wow 7 from The Magic Touch as the stuff I bought from ebay cracked up after the first wash. This hopefully will get me sorted too so I can finally take flight ;o)

I can't fault WoW so far, I had a few problems peeling the I sheet from the M to start with but that was me and not the product. I just bought a box of TTC+ to play with over the weekend.

Gygafo
20-06-2014, 07:24 PM
The reason for the stretch while still hot is to give it an elastic memory to help avoid cracking.
As a generalisation, WOW workes best for fine lines, spots, and smaller areas as oppose to large slabs of continuous print

Thanks for the stretch tip logobear, tried it this afternoon and all went well so I'll continue doing that from now on.

Joohlyauk
20-06-2014, 07:32 PM
What are TTC+ Gygafo? and yes thanks logobear for the tip :cool:

Gygafo
20-06-2014, 07:42 PM
What are TTC+ Gygafo? and yes thanks logobear for the tip :cool:

Hi Joohlyauk,
TTC is a different print media used for light coloured garments. Take a look here http://www.themagictouch.co.uk/acatalog/Transfer_Paper.html

Cheers!
Nigel.

Joohlyauk
21-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Thanks Nigel, I think I'm going to try again but stretch the t shirt after to see if that helps. Just watched a few youtube clips on it. Maybe that's what I did wrong, Julia :wink: