PDA

View Full Version : Why does my cutter keep going offline during cutting!!!

PersonalizedGiftz
01-07-2014, 12:25 AM
I have a redsail and using sign blazer and half way during cutting it goes offline. I have wasted no end of vinyl tonight. I only needed to do text on t t shirts!!

mrs maggot
01-07-2014, 08:14 PM
are you doing anything else at the same time on the computer ? is it a complicated design ? or are you trying to cut too many of them at a time, clear the cutter buffer out and try again one at a time, and running nothing else, otherwise you might have a slight loose connection,

arko
02-07-2014, 06:48 AM
Not enough memory installed on your cutter, i.e. the job is too big and therefore consider cutting smaller parts instead of it all in one go?.... How big is the job that you are attempting and have you got all the settings correct? I know that sounds like teaching your grandmother to suck eggs but sometimes the most basic of checks leads to the problem.

John G
02-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Do you mean the cutting goes off or skewed - if its that, it could be the vinyl is slipping as it cuts. Try giving the clamps a bit more pressure and always take enough off the roll before you start to cut.
Cheers John

NikGrey
03-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Sounds like he is talking about the tracking.. As has been suggested, tighten the pinch rollers.

PersonalizedGiftz
11-07-2014, 11:47 PM
sorry for not replying, its just simple text, smaller than an a4 bit of paper and says mommy of a chd fighter ... no the machine gets halfway through cutting then just stops and the red light comes on and says its offline

PersonalizedGiftz
11-07-2014, 11:48 PM
how do you clear the cutter buffer?

NikGrey
12-07-2014, 05:27 PM
On my machine you just press Reset..

PersonalizedGiftz
13-07-2014, 11:54 PM
tried the reset button but nothing works, then the sign blazer software crashes!!

NikGrey
15-07-2014, 01:23 AM
I bet your using a windows machine ? try another one (machine) - its probably just a problem with USB.