PDA

View Full Version : liyu and/or pcut cutters?

gavtheoldskater
02-07-2014, 02:44 PM
seem to be struggling to find any informative info, does anyone have an experience with liyu (631E) or the PCut (o630)?

a graphtec or similar quality is out the question, i'm just after a fairly basic cutter to do van graphics, banners for myself and t-shirt flock/vinyl etc but its not something i will use hugely. i would stick with craft robo but it struggles with some t shirt vinyls want the extra width for the van graphics.

i use windows 7 64bit and ideally i want to cut from illustrator if that has any bearing.

mrs maggot
02-07-2014, 03:15 PM
i have a pcut had it for years, does everything i need it to, wish it had more back rollers/pinchers at times, to keep really smooth, i cut from a cutting programme, rather than straight from corel, and im still on windows xp - although i know i need to update sometime

gavtheoldskater
02-07-2014, 04:54 PM
mrs maggot did you go for a stand with yours or just desk top mount it? any advantages either way?

NikGrey
03-07-2014, 05:32 PM
I have the Liyu, on a stand and I have no problems with it. I use flexi 10 with this and have to have a separate windows machine for this as it wont run from a mac :(

This IS the only bigger cutter I have had though so cant compare but it will be fine for your needs.

dont buy the one with the so called 'eye' as it serves no purpose.