PDA

View Full Version : D120 CISS problem

adlindsay
14-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi,

I've been having a problem with my D120 Ciss and tracked it down to no ink getting into the cyan cartridge.

Initially it looked like a blocked head but put the original cartridges in and everything printed perfectly. Put the ciss back in and the cyan gives a bad or non existent nozzle check pattern. A few head cleans didnt improve it. I have tried re-priming it from both the top and the bottom but nothing seems to work.

Do I have a problem with my ciss? a blockage or something preventing the ink flowing or an air leak that may prevent the flow?

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Andrew

bms
14-07-2010, 10:38 PM
How did you re-prime your system?
When you re-primed did you get liquid ink or bubbly ink coming into the syringe chamber?

adlindsay
15-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi Martin,

tried to re-prime with syringe shoved right into the bottom port, some bubbly ink came out but not much. For the top I used the syringe with hollow needle through the rubber bung on the top. Same again, bubbly ink.

Cheers

Andrew

adlindsay
15-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Also with tilting the cartridge up and looking at it I can see there is no ink sloshing around when compared to the others.

Thanks

Andrew

bms
15-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Sounds to me as though there is an air leak in the cartridge/ tube somewhere and you would probably best to get a new cartridge and tube assembly from your suppliers of the ink system. If it is the Artainium ink then we have the D120 cartridge and tube assemblies in stock which can be fitted to your existing EasyFlow system and these are already primed with Artainium sublimation ink if your original suppliers can't provide the part.

adlindsay
15-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Hi Martin,

Thanks, as my original supplier, I'll give you a call in the morning. It was bought last september along with the D120. I do have a spare D120 that I dont want to use unless its the printer that is at fault, but looking at this it looks like the ciss that is leaking air.

Could it be that the top 'bung' has been pierced and is now leaking air? Is there any way to test this?

Cheers for the speedy reply.

Andrew

bms
15-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Cheers Andrew, we'll sort you out tomorrow then! The only way of trying to seal the air is with a hot glue gun around where the air leak is.

adlindsay
25-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Just like to say a big thank you to Martin @ BMS for sorting me out. Finally managed to get round to setting the new cartridges up and it seems to be working OK now, fingers crossed.

Cheers

Andrew

bms
25-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for letting us know it's all up and working now the cart & tube assembly has been changed.