PDA

View Full Version : mornin' all

leethesign
18-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Just thought I'd pop in here and say "Hola" - that's Spanish don't ya know.

I live in Chiclana de la Frontera in South West Spain and after retiring from the signmaking and printing caper about two years ago, I seem to have been co-erced into starting up again, so here we go again.......

I'm concentrating on sublimating stuff this time, as I'm workng from home with limited space and I'm remembering some of the things I've forgotten and finding out some of the things I never knew in the first place!

I've been looking at this forum for a few weeks now, and it seems there are a lot of friendly and helpful peoples registered and I hope to be able to contribute something useful to it in the future.

Elsewhere on this forum (hopefully in the correct place) I've posted a question , so it's straight in at the deep end for me.

No doubt I'll be i touch again.....hasta banana

bms
18-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Welcome along,

Justin
18-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi Lee and welcome to the forum ;)

Justin
DSF Admin

Ian M
18-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Hi Lee,

Welcome aboard.

Ian :D

Paul
18-07-2010, 06:01 PM
hi ;)

leethesign
18-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks all for the greetings.......it's almost like being back in the U.K. - John G lives where I was born,
Martin (BMS) is very close to where I lived and worked for 20 odd years (Bournemouth) and I wouldn't be surprised if there
are members from what became my spiritual home - Cornwall.

Anyroad up, it's good to be aboard.

bms
18-07-2010, 07:23 PM
We certainly have members from Cornwall and that's where I was born and brought up.

leethesign
18-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Well, bugger I - you'm from Cornwall and went to Bournemouth - Oi'm from Bournemouth and went to Cornwall.

Small world.....what part of God's own country you from then?

bms
18-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Went to School in St Austell but lived mostly near a small village called Nanstallon and Lanivet. Both my parents and the wife's parents are in St Austell so makes for a cheap (but often wet) break.

leethesign
18-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Not too far away then, I lived in and around Liskeard for most of my time there. I knw t Austell, Lanivet etc quite well as I was an entertainer as well, and played all over the place down there for quite a while.

Most recently, just before moving to Spain (to get out of the rain) lived in Duloe, near Looe.

It's the only place I'd go back to if I ever went back to the U.K.

Anyway stuck here for the forseeable and no plans to return. the annoying thing is, though most of my supplies are much more expensive here, so when I'm up and running properly I'll no doubt be ordering from you again - I've a few bits on the way - they should be here this week. I'll be in touch again.

AJLA
19-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Saltash !!

Duloe pub does a smashing Hotstones!

By the way lived in Spain also for over 10 years, my HERMANO is still there.
Welcome on board!

sarahann
20-07-2010, 04:32 PM
*waves*

Welcome - nice to see you :)

leethesign
20-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Hey Ajla and Sarahann, thanks for the welcome words.

That pub in Duloe--- didn't used to go there, the gaffer was a miserable old bugger when I lived there. Pity really, 'cause the food was good, it was just 'im that gave me indigestion!

Used to perform at Saltash WMC and the football club back along. Where in Spain did you live?

Small world ain't it?

Kaz
20-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Hiya and welcome :D

AJLA
21-07-2010, 09:43 AM
It certainly is, I lived in the province of Alicante in the fishing port Altea, wonderful place and also in Madrid for a few years.

GoldRapt
23-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Just thought I'd pop in here and say "Hola" - that's Spanish don't ya know.

I live in Chiclana de la Frontera in South West Spain and after retiring from the signmaking and printing caper about two years ago, I seem to have been co-erced into starting up again, so here we go again.......

I'm concentrating on sublimating stuff this time, as I'm workng from home with limited space and I'm remembering some of the things I've forgotten and finding out some of the things I never knew in the first place!

I've been looking at this forum for a few weeks now, and it seems there are a lot of friendly and helpful peoples registered and I hope to be able to contribute something useful to it in the future.

Elsewhere on this forum (hopefully in the correct place) I've posted a question , so it's straight in at the deep end for me.

No doubt I'll be i touch again.....hasta banana

Hiya Lee, Glad to see you about again.
I bought your magic touch mug press a year or two ago.
regards
tony

leethesign
23-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Hiya Tony,

Glad you're still alive and kicking!

Andrew
25-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi Lee and welcome.

So how developed is sublimation in Spain. I often think of venturing into that part of the world on subli stuff.

leethesign
25-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Well Andrew, I've only just started but to be honest it's going to be an uphill struggle, especially round here. This region has the highest unemployment in Europe, the Spanish think anything over 50cents is expensive and want a discount and the Brits haven't got any money, so it's just as well I'm doing it for a sort of hobby not to make a living! I've been told my mugs are too expensive at 4.50€ (that's about 3.77 quid) when the mugs are costing me nearly 4€. So there you have it.

I noticed on flea-bay a while ago that someone in Valencia (where there are zillions of Brits) was selling all his sub gear, so it's probably not a situation far removed from down here.

I've still got a long way to go before I get the full picture, but I'll keep ya posted via this forum.

There are compensations though - it's been 36ºC here today and I can sit by my pool and sip gin at 4 quid a bottle.

Hey ho, life's a bitch innit????????????? :D