PDA

View Full Version : eco friendly plastisol inks?

soulclaimed
25-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Hi I'm wondering where in the UK I might be able to purchase Eco friendly plastisol inks I plan on building my own screen printing press but want to do dark garments so plastisol is the way forward. Im wondering... where can I get Eco Friendly plastisol inks in the UK?

Scotty@BMS
13-08-2014, 04:01 PM
I might know a chap who can help you. Should be seeing my man on Friday, so I'll let you know...

soulclaimed
13-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Thanks scotty

socialgiraffe
13-08-2014, 09:50 PM
so plastisol is the way forward

Forget the name of it but what about the discharge ink that burns into the garment once heated. Really nice feel to it as well.

Scotty@BMS
29-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Update on this, Eco friendly Plastisol = not going to happen!

soulclaimed
30-08-2014, 07:50 AM
OK thanks mate I'm sad now lol. How would one dispose of the aftermath of screenprinting then?

Earl Smith
30-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Hi Simon,
You dont dispose of it. You scoop it back into the pot and use the ink for the next job. If its contaminated with another colour, save it in a seperate pot and eventually you can add black and use it as black at 80%. Good enough for outlines but not text.

I had a customer who asked for eco friendly t-shirts and vinyl. Afterwards the order way sorted I went outside with him to his car. He drove a Porche Cayanne. Yep, ecofriendly.

soulclaimed
31-08-2014, 08:28 AM
What about the chemicals from cleaning the screens I take it that these are not suitable to pour into domestic drainage

Scotty@BMS
03-09-2014, 10:30 AM
I think once they're diluted they're no more harmful than chucking bleach down your toilet or sink.

HayLou
31-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Im not sure why you think you have to use Pastisol inks for dark colours? Permaset supercover is brilliant, and if you not convinced something like Jaquards are good, OR use a pigment ink for darks! They have good handle and so long as you heat set correctly, they will last very well. They are the only Eco friendly way to go ;)