PDA

View Full Version : Dont know what i am talking about?

Greensleeves
20-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi all
Trying to get over a problem of uneven surfaces on 10 inch plates. I cant get my image to transfer over from the paper to the plate properly but i hope there is a solution in my madness. Bear with me. I have read the rest of the posts here but due to the fact i dont know what some of the technical names mean ill go down to laymans terms.
Can i print onto a clear light plastic with my epson r265 and place it onto a wall plate? This is all i can come up with to keep the image in its original state over an uneven plate. :idea:

bms
20-07-2010, 07:37 PM
You can print onto a clear water decal material which can you can then cut to a circle. The material is thin, clear, takes an image and when placed in water the clear material comes away from the backing - slide it onto the plate and let it dry. You need a colour laser printer for this. The R265 won't be suitable and it's not sublimation.

Greensleeves
20-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks Martin
I was wondering can i use inkjet instead of laser? Epson photo stylus R360 for photographic printing? :D

bms
21-07-2010, 07:40 AM
The water decal we have is only for laser. Don't know if there is an inkjet version available - anyone on the forum know?

smartarts
21-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Hi,
I believe there is a inkjet version of transfer paper available, I will check when I get to the unit. Unfortunately I am not on line there so will reply tonight.

Greensleeves
21-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks lads. Much appreciated.

Patrick Mullan :D

smartarts
21-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi Patrick,
Yes there is a waterslide transfer paper for inkjet printers by "Lazertran", 8 sheets of A4 which retails at £14.75. They deal with both trade and retail customers, we have used their laser transfer paper but not the inkjet. I believe the "Lazertran" may have been developed by Johnson Mathey who produce a large range of transfers (decals) for the pottery industry for firing in kilns, so a good make.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Alan

bms
21-07-2010, 08:24 PM
There's also the "Mates" material for sublimation printing. It's been a while now since we had this in stock but from memory it is a clear material that you can sublimate into and then cut around. What I can't remeber is if it is sticky or water decal - I think transfergraeme made a post about this some time ago - anyone recall that?