PDA

View Full Version : maybe a silly question,is signzworld the only option buy a cheaper vinyl cutter?

gavtheoldskater
13-08-2014, 02:57 PM
i'm about to buy a basic cutter, graphtecs and the like are out sadly (even used ones are a bit too much), which leaves me with the cheaper chinese made options... but is signzworld/ukcutter really the only place out there selling them as i can't find anyone else for that sort of money?

Scotty@BMS
13-08-2014, 05:35 PM
What size were you after Gav?

gavtheoldskater
13-08-2014, 09:46 PM
i'm looking for something that will do up to 24" ideally, at the moment the creation pcut cto630 looks most likely. unless someone can suggest something better, new or used. ; )

cleverprintinguk
24-08-2014, 05:29 PM
HI Gav!

We went for the top of the range cutter from signzworld and paid about £350 (Not sure on model) Of course we didn't expect anything amazing for the price but the rave reviews said other wise. The youtube vids showed a great little cutter.

4 months later it's still not working correctly. Had over 3 bladed and tried various settings, wasted a of paper and vinyl. Luckily, signzworld have said we can send it back but loose 20% due to restocking fee and they have been very good trying to assist us in getting everything working. I think we're going to try and get a replacement machine from them.

They have lots and lots of models and i'm told the Liyu cutters are a bit better.

Sorry to be doom and gloom!

Try the Pixmax machines from Monster Doodles. Same price but the eBay reviews are great!

Cheers

Justin
24-08-2014, 05:36 PM
If it was me....and I've been in this position a couple of times....I'd hold off until I could get a good used cutter at the right price. I sold my Roland cutter once, bought it back and sold it again! long story. Then tried a cheaper model, bought a silhouette and then finally got a new Graphtec.

The cheaper, i.e. £200 cutters do seem to be fine whilst they're working but personally I found support non existent and mine didn't last long.

scotty44
24-08-2014, 10:55 PM
I cant add more than has all ready been said! but Dito to above,
Hold out and keep looking for something like a Roland,
A few year ago I got a cheap Pcut, I still have it in the loft but the main board is foofed so not worth fixing,
When it worked it was OK but a nightmare to use and setup, It did last me about a year so didn't lose anything on it.
Had my Roland now for over 2 years and and is used most days and never missed a beat :smile:
I keep thinking of upgrading for a newer 24" cutter but then think why when this is working spot on!
Just hold back mate and keep looking :wink:
I do need a new mug press but that's another story lol

gavtheoldskater
25-08-2014, 02:59 PM
thanks everyone. since posting this thread i've been mulling it over and have decided to spend more and look for a used graphtec ce5000/60 or maybe a new gcc expert 24 which although a more budget machine has many glowing reviews and is backed up by graphtec themselves.

of course if anyone has either they want to sell! ; )