PDA

View Full Version : No colour out of easyflow ciss - re-prime

daniboy0812
22-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Hi Guys

My 1st post as i'm having a few problems too - thought everything was going too smoothly

Currently using a B40W with Easyflow ciss with sub ink.
Firstly the black disappeared, colours were perfect - pc says inks are full so i thought printer was knackered so bought another.

New printer, now black is perfect & no colours!! I'm thinking of skipping the lot & choosing something else!! lol
So come on guys - wot am i doing wrong? How do i re-prime - my ink carts look full but not sure how to re-prime & dont want to get myself into more trouble with my new printer

Thanks joel

bms
22-07-2010, 08:57 AM
The ink carts will show full as the printer only reads the small chip on the cartridge, not the physical ink inside the cartridge.

To re-prime use your syringe with the sharp needle supplied. Put the needle through the small rubber bung towards the back of the cartridge (past where the tubes go into the cartridge). Pull back on the syringe and you should pull ink from the bottles, through the tubes and fill the cartridge. Ink coming into the syringe means this is now full - squirt the ink back into the bottles, clean the syringe and repeat with the other cartridges.

When you're re-priming check to see if you are getting liquid ink coming through or very bubbly ink. If bubbly then the cartridges might not be FIRMLY inserted enabling an air tight seal so push them down in the printer or the ink system might have an air leak. New cartridge and tube assemblies to overcome this problem should be available from your supplier of the Easyflow system if needed.

daniboy0812
27-07-2010, 09:24 PM
One sublimation system free to a good home or someone who can get this damn thing running consistently!! OOOPS I just put a hammer through it!! Joking :lol:

After some great advice & help from BMS another problem has arisen & have orders backing up!!

Can anyone advise what is wrong.

I have been supplied a new cartridge & tube assembly, wasted money on a new printer B40w & primed each cartridge along with much TLC.

1) I still have white lines within my image despite completing 3-4 head cleans.

2) My pinks are very light (hardly see them)

Any advice would be awesome. Cheers

Plus i still have air coming through after having a new cartridge & tube assembly, priming already done.

Does anyone in the south wales/ bristol area want exchange some techniques of getting this damn thing working for me in exchange for cash or copious amounts of beer!!
By the way - using sawgrass ink, easyflow IV & B40W

y30man5
06-08-2010, 06:32 PM
I share your pain... I have the same system and it's so unreliable!

I had the Epson R265 system before this and I had a few problems with that, but nothing compared to this one. I'm having to reprime the cartridges every 50 prints or so, it's quite ridiculous.

bms
06-08-2010, 06:54 PM
having to reprime the cartridges every 50 prints or so
You should only have to re-prime if there is air leaking into the system as this prevents the ink from maintaining a complete vacuum in the system. Often the causes of ink getting in are either because the cartridges aren't firmly sealed around the nozzles or air is getting in, possibly, around the place where the tubes enter the cartridges. I'd just check these first.
When you re-prime the system must hold a seal for you to (a) manage to re-prime it and (b) get 50 or so prints. Normally a leaking system wouldn't do (a) properly.
Just thinking aloud really to try to work out where the problem may lie...

purpledragon
07-08-2010, 12:06 AM
I find printers are odd creatures who need treating with kid gloves eg my epson 1400 hums along quite happy perfect prints n everything but then occasionally i forget to feed it paper cue 5 head cleans and wasted ink and time .
any way try this
unplug printer (not just switch off it must be unplugged )walk away from printer make coffee smoke fag (discusting habit) kick dog argue with wife apologise to dog then return to your printer.before pluigging it in remove cartridges plug in switch on it will think its a new model and ask you to put carts in do it let do its churning thing hopefully that will work.
Brett

accdave
07-08-2010, 08:28 AM
kick dog argue with wife apologise to dog then return to your printer.

I don't want to thread wander but I did find that funny. Only the dog gets an apology :D