PDA

View Full Version : Pricing

leethesign
23-07-2010, 09:01 AM
I know this is a bit of a contentious issue, but as I've been out of this market for a few years, I'm struggling to come to terms
with pricing - bearing in mind the time taken in preparation, design and production and the cost of supplies - which is quite a
bit higher here in Spain than in the U.K. Added to this the Spanish are tight-fisted and we have the highest unemployment
in Europe around here - so perhaps SWMBO is right when she said I need my bumps feeling starting this in the present economic
climate.

I'm trying to buy as much stuff as I can in the U.K., but the problem is the shipping which then whacks the price up, so it's a bit of a catch 22 situation.

Would anyone mind sharing with me a rough idea of their charges to a small gardening company for, say, 20 Mugs with full wrap print. Also Polo shirts, front pocket and central back print (vinyl not subbed) - say 20 of those.

Also, similar items as one-offs to the general pùblic.

I'm not asking anyone to give away any secrets - just a guide will be fine.

Your help would be much appreciated

Gracias in advance

hasta banana

Kaz
23-07-2010, 12:13 PM
I've got a repeat order of 20 mugs at a time for a local charitable organisation that is close to my heart, and I only charge them £2.50 per mug, which they then sell on at £5-6, and it's a full wrap round design with 16 images on.

And one off mugs I sell at between £5-6, depending on if I've designed them or if it's a custom design.

I've not done polo's yet, but I sell tshirts anywhere between £10 and £15, again, dependant on if subli or vinyl.

Hope that helps :)

leethesign
23-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks for that as well Kaz -
There's a charity organisation that I'm looking at doing work for - animals, of course, but the problem is I'm having to pay nearly 3 quid (no pound symbol on my Spanish keyboard 8-) ) for the mugs alone with the carriage costs. That's what I'm up against.

Kaz
23-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Ouch, that's a bit steep for your mugs :shock:

I've seen a few spanish sites, will go see if I can find them for you

bms
23-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Ouch re delivery costs. We could ship 72 mugs down to you for under £30 and 144 mugs for under £40. That should save you quote a bit on your buy price.

leethesign
23-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Martin,

Thanks for that - I actually e-mailed you for a quote for that some weeks ago, but "no answer came the stern reply"

I bought some from someone else - the result was the mugs I posted about last week - not dishwasher proof.

I'll get back to you on this - I can now re-price them and maybe get the job after all.

Thanks again

Lee

bms
23-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Sorry for not replying Lee - I don't recall seeing the email. Just remember to add vat to the figures I've quoted above.

sarahann
23-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks for that as well Kaz -
There's a charity organisation that I'm looking at doing work for - animals, of course, but the problem is I'm having to pay nearly 3 quid (no pound symbol on my Spanish keyboard 8-) ) for the mugs alone with the carriage costs. That's what I'm up against.

Wow! Thats a lot you pay for mugs! Our white mugs are 95p each and to ship 72 mugs to Spain would be £20.00

If I can help further, let me know :)

Andrew
25-07-2010, 07:25 PM
What's wrong with Distiber? Looks like a good company and great choice. Always helpful as well when I speak to them. There is also another large Spanish supplier that I can't recall the name of currently. My memory ain't that good at the best of times. :shock:

leethesign
26-07-2010, 04:54 AM
Don't know Distiber Andrew, but I'll have a look at them, thanks.

The main killer here are the transport costs - 2 boxes of mugs from SGM in Madrid to me - 170€ and that's for a 3 day delivery...that's 2.36€ per mug for delivery alone.

leethesign
26-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Forgot to ask - are you in Spain?

Andrew
26-07-2010, 12:52 PM
No, not in Spain but I can dream. I believe Distiber are up Northern Spain, Santander way. Iberland is the other one I was thinking of. Delivery should hopefully be a bit more competitive.

Andrew
26-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Ditram is another but don't know much about them. They are based in Portugal so might..... or might not be nearer you.

leethesign
26-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks again Andrew.....

I've been in touch with Distiber - can't give me any prices until next week as their web site's playing up and the man who can fix it isn't in until next week. Welcome to the Spanish ways!!!!! :shock:

I'll have a go at Iberland and Ditram and see what they're like.

How come you know about these Spanish lot if you're not here?

Andrew
26-07-2010, 01:21 PM
I spend most of my time trawling the world for suppliers to find out where I am best off buying from. You'd be surprised where some of the main companies come from.

Andrew
26-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Lali Martin is the one I have been ib touch with in Distiber who can give you pricing. lmartin@distiber.com

leethesign
26-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Yep, spoken to Lali and am getting sorted there. Let's see how we go from now on. Thanks for your help.

Lee