PDA

View Full Version : Liyu cutter driver install issue.

Lynne
30-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Feeling stupid today! Nothing is going right! I have a new machine already struggled to get it working, managed to get a test cut * after 8 hrs! *. I have installed a driver * even tho one should be on the set up disc! * but i cannot for the life of me get the machines to recognise eachother to print! Driver not found... argh times like this i wish i was a computer geek. Help anyone! I would even pay someone to help me.
THAT or this machine will be tested for 'bounce-abilty' lol
seriously can anyone help me?
Lynne x

Paul
31-08-2014, 02:09 AM
how many cutters do you have installed? if more then one, what are they? what software you using for cutting? also is it usb connection?

Lynne
31-08-2014, 08:36 AM
As this one wont install the driver/ find the driver, i have zero installed. I have tried the install pages on here...http://forum.ukcutter.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2 got to the part where it says select ' unknown device ' and its not there.... stumped!
Yes i have tried the liyu step by step guied with the usb and disc in and the dongle and then for good measure i tried the 'screw in lead ' alone and with all the others... I am at a loss!
I am trying to install it on my old windows xp spair system and i paid extra for flexi 10 which i currently dont rate :-D, i am sure i will grow to love it when i can actually get it to work.
TY paul.

PrinTnTech
31-08-2014, 09:45 AM
The drivers are stand alone printer drivers, they should of been installed when you first switched on, ie would of installed a new instance of a serial/usb port for the cutter and gone through the setup new hardware wizard. check in the printers section if it has installed a driver first cause without it flexi wont find it.

PrinTnTech
31-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Just been through me archives i have found my setup disk for liyu and also remembered something else, i had to get a driver to put into flexi for it to show up. here enclosed both for ya.

http://printntech.co.uk/uploads/liyu_flexi_driver.rar

http://printntech.co.uk/uploads/SC_English.rar

NikGrey
31-08-2014, 01:44 PM
I have the same machine, from the same place AND I have Flexi 10 (which is inexpensive from them) - When I bought mine I read lots of horror stories about connectivity so furnished myself with a USB/Serial FTDI ding-dong thing but didnt need it in the end.

I tried setting up the Liyu on my Mac but that was proving tricky (lack of a driver I think) so in the end dug out an old XP machine, connected the cutter via USB plugged it in and the prompt came up asking for the driver - went through the routine and didnt have a problem.

Only problem I have sometimes is the cutter goes offline, just turn it off and on again and all is well again.

Shouldnt make any difference but have you installed Flexi, with the dongle inserted (AND glowing green)?

Lynne
31-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Installed both of them links. Just trying to get the devices to find each other now :'(> Would of been so much easier if the drivers were on the disc! plug and play....sigh, i will be here all day again! The dongle is working and green.
Thanx prin and nik

Lynne
31-08-2014, 06:48 PM
2944ok so i may be winning! i now have a connection i think. Tho shouldt i have a port? and why is it saying printer offline when it so isnt...

NikGrey
31-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Ah, this is it - You must assign it a port.

There is a Gear type icon from memory which is where these settings are (in Flexi) and then you have to assign the port also in the driver - will fire my system up later if you are still having problems as I cant remember off the top of my head how it works but you are on the home straight.

.. actually, the port settings are in the production manager which opens when you send a job to the cutter (just remembered).

Lynne
31-08-2014, 09:46 PM
oh i would so apreciate that! thanx i shall be here another week otherwise

Lynne
31-08-2014, 10:06 PM
which port there are 7... and where will it tell me the driver port
?

NikGrey
31-08-2014, 10:21 PM
It looks like I am about to install my Liyu again as I had some guests over for a week and I stupidly allowed their kids to play with my windows machine.. I hate the Windows operating system as I am a mac user (like night and day, and soooo much simpler to understand).

I need to find a driver, ah - Thanks to Pnt above for making those available.

For now though Lynne - if you have the driver installed try this:

Open Production Manager.
In the left hand window you should see Liyu SC Cut Series @ COM* at the top and under that you should have 'SC Series' (or what ever you have called your cutter).

Select the top entry, the one which ends with @COM* (* being the port it is trying to use).

In the menu at the top of the Production Manager select 'Setup' and then 'Change Device Port' - start at COM1 and go through them (remembering to click 'apply' after each change).

Each time you have changed the port go back to the left hand window (where the devices are shown in the Production Manager) and select the second item down (in my case 'SC Series') then go back to the menu at the top of the PM (Production Manager) - Select 'Setup' and at the bottom click 'Test Cut'.

Hopefully One of the ports will work.

Try that whilst I install my own machine again.

NikGrey
31-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Thats what I am saying - try each one.

NikGrey
31-08-2014, 10:37 PM
ok, it will tell you which port is assigned to the cutter in 'Device Manager' - it's in the list under 'Ports'.

To get to Device Manager:

Start.
COntrol Panel.
System.
Hardware (Tab) and then in that tab select 'Device Manager'.

YOu ned to expand 'Ports (COM&LPT) - see which port the cutter is assigned to there.

NikGrey
31-08-2014, 10:50 PM
ok, mine is working again.

Go into Device Manager - under 'Ports' find 'USB Serial Port' (which should appear if the pc can see the cutter?).

Assign it to Port 3.

Go into PM again and change the port to '3' as described above. its a nightmare I know.

But at the end of the day the port associated with the USB Serial Device in Device manager should be the same as what you have in your Flexi PM.

Lynne
01-09-2014, 09:06 AM
Woohoo ports changed and the job is a gooden! Thank you very much, greatly appreciated.

PrinTnTech
01-09-2014, 09:14 AM
:-) Cool, now for a day of cutting and a house full of wall art etc.....

Lynne
02-09-2014, 09:07 AM
A few business T-shirts completed! Happy bunny, i just need fleix 8 back.