PDA

View Full Version : BUYING A MUG OVEN

AJLA
03-11-2009, 11:53 AM
If any one is looking for a mug oven take a look at the Transfer Press..oven and four wraps at £149.00 plus vat.
I paid £275.00 for mine :shock: The job I bought it for paid for it with a nice profit too but gosh what a difference.

If you already have the wraps it's only about £50. Having said that it is only a normal oven.

JSR
03-11-2009, 12:25 PM
If any one is looking for a mug oven take a look at the Transfer Press..oven and four wraps at £149.00 plus vat.
I paid £275.00 for mine :shock: The job I bought it for paid for it with a nice profit too but gosh what a difference.

If you already have the wraps it's only about £50. Having said that it is only a normal oven.
Do they let you pay for orders over the internet yet or are they still living in the Dark Ages?

Their oven looks exactly like the one I bought for £49.99 from JML (£59.99 these days - that includes VAT so it's a bit cheaper than the TP's VAT-inclusive price of £63.75). JML also do a stand-off ring for £12.99 (was £9.99 when I bought mine).

I mention it because my JML oven doesn't seem to do mugs as quickly as everyone else says theirs does them. Works well, but you have to adapt your time/temp to suit.

AJLA
03-11-2009, 12:33 PM
It took us a lot of time adapting with our oven with a lot of wasted mugs.

Not sure re the payment over the internet tho

Justin
04-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I used to find it took about 20 mins to cook 4 mugs, found a twin head press quicker overall.

Justin :-)

AJLA
05-11-2009, 09:49 AM
This takes 12 mins so not bad, my current Jarin single mug press is becoming a pain. I constantly have to keep turning it during its cooking time. It's as tho the wrap isn,y as good as it once was although it's not had a huge amount of use. I have contacted Europa/Jarin equipment but with no reply so I don't know if they are still trading.

JSR
05-11-2009, 11:52 AM
This takes 12 mins so not bad,
Can't be the JML one, then. Which wraps do you use and at what temperature?

AJLA
05-11-2009, 12:37 PM
No its an Elitech, we have it set at about 200, it may be a little less as it's difficult to tell precisely with the type of knob.

JSR
05-11-2009, 01:09 PM
No its an Elitech, we have it set at about 200, it may be a little less as it's difficult to tell precisely with the type of knob.
It's possible that the Elitech and JML are different wattages.

I think the dial on mine is a bit imprecise, too. When I'm doing colour-change mugs, I have to keep the temperature right down to stop the coating from turning yellow. Very impractical for doing too many, but I'm managing to make do until I sort out a better mug press.

AJLA
05-11-2009, 02:49 PM
During our testing process we managed to scorch quite a few but all seems ok now, I forgot to mention the wraps are from subli supplies.

For a while we could not get rid of an imprintfrom the wrap on the coating of the mug after pressing but it gradually seems to be improving so perhaps it's just a 'new' thing.

JSR
05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
During our testing process we managed to scorch quite a few but all seems ok now, I forgot to mention the wraps are from subli supplies.

For a while we could not get rid of an imprintfrom the wrap on the coating of the mug after pressing but it gradually seems to be improving so perhaps it's just a 'new' thing.
I had the same problem with those wraps and the imprint. Fortunately, most of my mugs tend to be the 10oz variety so I put an extra wrap of 1.5mm silicon rubber (from Listawood/BMS) between the mug and the wrap to give a smooth wrap. That probably accounts for a little bit of the longer pressing time.

AJLA
05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Could these bits of silicone be used in my press I wonder?
Even with the 10 oz mug the wrap reaches no where near the handles and it must be going sort of weak (don't think this is the correct expression but i hope you know what i mean) as it doest press in various places hence the fact that i have to move lefta bit right a bit and all over during it's cookong time.

Paul
05-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I have my A4 sheet of sillicon from BMS. cuted in half so I used this with my to clamps. never had good results though so I sold my MM :)

Angie-Stitch-Up
01-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I was so impressed with my JML I went and bought another one yesterday and really cheap on offer in Argos at the moment for 48.99 I will have to change my name to MugsRus soon :D

chongsta
21-12-2009, 09:48 PM
which JML oven is this guys?> the halogen one?

Ive got some large orders in the new year and a 1 mug-a-time press will take me ages to do them all.

Cheers
Dave.

Stitch Up
22-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Yes, the halogen one