PDA

View Full Version : How to print double sided objects

Louise
25-07-2010, 09:41 PM
So now that I cant print properly 8-) I'm trying out different things, but I'm wondering if there is a correct (I assume there must be) way to print on both sides of an object, i.e. a plastic keyring. May sound daft but if I do it one side at a time will the other side not be spoilt in some way? Or do I do both sides at once?

I guess I could just do it and find out, but I dont want to ruin the press by making a mistake.

Thanks as ever.

Justin
25-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I think there may be a way to fo both sides at a time. I used to do the double sided keyrings one side at a time. Make sure it's cool before you do the second side. The tape doesn't seem to affect the unprinted side during pressing.

Did you mean ti write "So now that I cant print properly" ! LOL. :oops:

Louise
25-07-2010, 10:08 PM
:lol: I think thats what they call a freudian slip! :lol: Well I think I ment can print :D

Anywho, thanks for that I sort of thought it must be one side at a time but wasnt sure, I read about doing 2 sides at once but it sound difficult.

bms
25-07-2010, 10:25 PM
On something like the FRP items you'll probably be best to print one side at a time. On double sided metal items you can do both sides at the same time as the conductivity of the metal ensures the items heats up evenly and consistently.

Louise
25-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks for that Martin, I did wonder if would get hot enough on the bottom, or indeed too hot and the first side would be spoilt.