PDA

View Full Version : Contour cutting with cameo

Maup
30-09-2014, 12:03 AM
I have a silhouette cameo and im pretty happy with it, but... I have a problem with contour cutting.
When i want to print a logo on a dark shirt i work as follow.
I print the logo mirrored with registrationmark with my ricoh 3110. Then i transfer the design incl registrationmarks on my vinyl. So.. The design is not mirrrored any more and almost ready to transfer on a dark shirt with my heat press. Now comes the problem.. Because the design is not mirrored anymore my registrationmarks ar mirrored for my cameo and i cant use it to cutout the design, still follow me? :)
What can i do to cut it out with the cameo?

scotty44
30-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Object - Transform - mirror options - then mirror the image before printing/cutting???
I'm still new to the Cameo as I normally use a Roland but just a quick look and that should work ok,
If I understand the question right :confused:

Maup
30-09-2014, 12:33 AM
Nope, i must print the design mirrored with regmarks.
Then i use the heat press to press the design on my vinyl. So, the design is not mirrowed anymore, thats good cause i must press it on a dark shirt. But the regmarks are mirrored then, thats the problem. I must cut the vinyl and not the paper what comes out of my ricoh

scotty44
30-09-2014, 12:44 AM
Arr I understand what your trying to do now,
but that's something I've not tried so not much help
but I'm sure someone here has and can help!

Ask_Alan
30-09-2014, 12:46 PM
The trick is to print from studio without mirroring then mirror in the print driver or using a pdf writer so the final print is mirrored, then the pressing un-mirrors and the cameo software should work.

Methods - easy - use the Sawgrass powerdriver to print there is a built in mirror function.
Method - not quite so easy, install a PDF printer like CutePDF, Postscript printer drivers and Cute is no exception have the ability to mirror print somewhere in the driver. This will get you a mirrored PDF which you can print to the Ricoh.

you can probably come up with other methods, I'd use the powerdriver method for simplicity.

alan

Maup
30-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks, im gonna try it! My thoughts where much more difficult :)

Maup
30-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Well.. That works great.
The only problem is that my cutter dont regonize the regmarks. Searched alot but cant find it in internet.

Maup
30-09-2014, 07:40 PM
So the marks are correct but the cameo dont see them

Ask_Alan
01-10-2014, 09:32 AM
That's likely to be contrast on the sublimated material, not as crisp and black as proper printed lines. As the Cameo has no adjustment mechanism for the sensor as far as I know there could be a problem...

Ruler and black thin marker, improve the markers, this may not work as it depends if the problem is the marker or the background..

Alan

daviddeer
01-10-2014, 09:32 AM
It was suggested to me when i first started that using a fineline black permanent marker to go over the regmarks and ensure the paper is loaded and aligned correctly would allow the cutter to 'see' the marks and cut correctly

Maup
01-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Allright thanks guys, i'm gonna test it...