PDA

View Full Version : DTG with a Difference :)

Stitch Up
01-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Tried some metal film for the first time today, was quite impressed with the results and definitely a process that will add value to a DTG printed t-shirt.

You can only get the real effect by moving around in the light, so here's a short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjjZUCTWDCw

ArferMo
01-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Very nice..... so was that a laser print on the the t then re-pressed with metal film?

Stitch Up
02-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Very nice..... so was that a laser print on the the t then re-pressed with metal film?

No, this is a combination of DTG printing and foil.

The DTG printer printed a white ink layer only and then the foil is pressed on to it. There are other interesting effects to be had.

Paul
02-10-2014, 09:19 AM
That look amazing! Will grt some foil and try my self. Do you cure ink first or place foil on still wet ink?

Stitch Up
02-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Morning Paul, hope you're keeping well.

No, you don't cure the ink first. As soon as the white layer is printed you place the shirt on the heatpress, cover with the foil and then a silicone/teflon sheet and press with heavy pressure at about 340DegF for 90 seconds. When the time is up, allow to cool for 45 to 60 seconds and then peel the foil sheet away. All very simple.

If you require a vintage look, you can crumple the foil first before applying it.

We'll have stocks of the foils soon in all available colours :)

Cheers

John

Paul
02-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Fantastic!
Thanks for that John!
iam off to get ciuple of meters foil now :) will post result soon :)

socialgiraffe
02-10-2014, 10:37 AM
If you look at the Stahl's website one of their heat presses shows various items being pressed including combinations using foil.

They get some fantastic results, but I do think Stitch Ups wins the award, bloomin great that :-)

logobear
02-10-2014, 01:52 PM
wHERE DO YOU SUGGEST GETTING THE FILM?
wE DON'T DO DTG (YET) - BUT IT IS A NEAT EFFECT ON LASER TRANSFERE
ooops, Cap lock on from typing up tshirts!

Stitch Up
02-10-2014, 02:49 PM
I'm awaiting a shipment from the US and then I'll be able to work out pricing etc.

Watch this space :)

jools
23-04-2015, 06:28 PM
I'm awaiting a shipment from the US and then I'll be able to work out pricing etc.

Watch this space :)

Still watching - any progress with the foil yet, looks awesome

Stitch Up
23-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Yes, we have the foils in stock :) just need to get them up on the website.

KathG
23-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Wow that is great. Is this the type of foil that you can use with laser toner ? I've been looking for some myself. Would you let us know when you have it on your website, also could we have the link to your site.

thanks in advance
Kath

Jon97
10-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Looks awesome! Would definitely be interested in some foils if they're available?