PDA

View Full Version : Double Sided printing on an Epson 4K ?

NikGrey
03-10-2014, 07:15 PM
I have been asked for A5 Flyers printed on both sides - This will give me the excuse I need to buy and commission my new (Old) Epson with ink :)

But how would I print both sides with accuracy?

I jusy know you lot will have the answer.

PrinTnTech
04-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Depending on how many you need i find it more feesable to draw up the flyers then pass on to a third party for litho printing. much cheaper than the cost of ink and paper.

NikGrey
04-10-2014, 12:51 PM
He only needs a few hundred - hate turning away work.. looks like I will have to this time though :(

pisquee
04-10-2014, 01:05 PM
For A5 sheets, I would definitely go with printing to precut sheets, rather than using roll paper and guillotining down - cutting the sheets down will take ages, and the flyers will have a curl to them, which doesn't look very pro!
Check that the paper feed try can handle A5 size - we didn't do much sheet fed work on those printers to remember what it can handle.
You may have problems with having to feed the paper through the printer twice with the curl introduced on the first pass, making it not feed well the next time with the curl opposing the way the printer wants to feed it.

pisquee
04-10-2014, 01:07 PM
To add, we used to print our own catalogues and flyers on the 4000, and subsequently the 7600, but the time it took to cut the sheets down to size, and staple together was counter productive, to combin with the curl the pages had - we now outsource all that type of printing and have a much more pro level catalogue, flyers, postcards, business cards because of it.

spongerobinson
04-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Nik would you not consider taking the job on, but getting them printed elsewhere? Should be able to get a couple of hundred A5 flyers printed fairly cheap. Even if you don't make much/any profit, it might be a returning customer in future, with bigger potential orders.

pisquee
05-10-2014, 12:19 AM
A5 flyers, printed both sides are £30 for 100 inc delivery from our supplier - is it worth the faff of doing it yourself?
http://www.crayonjuice.co.uk/leaflets.html

The money we've spent outsourcing this stuff means we can spend our time on better things, including less very late nights!