PDA

View Full Version : cameo and subli flock

Paul
08-10-2014, 05:17 PM
I wonder how cameo perform with cutting subli flock? any one tried it? I am looking to buy cameo so i can contour cut smaller logos out of subli flock. thats all.
so all views are welcomed :)

my graphics won't be more complicated then this;

gavtheoldskater
08-10-2014, 05:27 PM
don't know if it helps but i've cut regular flock on my old craft robo 200/20 and its ok so long as the detail is not too fine, that image shape you show would be no bother.

i've never seen subli flock though, that looks interesting. may have to get some in and play.

Paul
08-10-2014, 05:55 PM
yeah. i used my old craft robo with flock too. but subli flock you cut with fluffy side up and not the glue side up :)so there is a tricky bit for cameo :)

bms
08-10-2014, 10:05 PM
yeah. i used my old craft robo with flock too. but subli flock you cut with fluffy side up and not the glue side up :)so there is a tricky bit for cameo :)

I tend to cut subli-flock with the fluffy side down and mirror the image. Cut the subli-flock first and then transfer the image afterwards.

Paul
08-10-2014, 11:21 PM
so did you took paper off first Martin?
or how did you do it? what was underneath? sticky carrier sheet?

I still would love to contour cut properly with optical eye as i have some transfers that i would like to press on my shopping bags. :)

R.Prints
09-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Use it with my craft robo. Problem I keep having is due to the print surface being the flock finish, to cut printed shapes you need to use the "registration marks", robo has difficulty recognising them on a regular basis. Sometimes overcome by just reloading a few times, other times I have to reprint another sheet.
Ray

Paul
09-10-2014, 01:43 PM
i had some problems with reg marks and my craft robo to. but then i find out that media need to be in the robo dead on straight. so after spending more time reloading media my robo always read the marks fine.

R.Prints
10-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Could be the solution, will have to be more patient and give it a go.