PDA

View Full Version : Customizing a mechanical pencil

Simon Arthur
09-10-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm looking to get some custom pencils to promote my business.

The problem is that none of the suppliers online seem to carry my favorite type of mechanical pencil: the PaperMate ClearPoint Elite. I can kind of see why this might be a problem for them: the barrel is clear and varies in diameter in the printable area. You can see what it looks like here: http://imgur.com/DKHCGez .

Do you think that these pencils can be customized with a logo? If so, what's the best way to do it: screen printing, dye sublimation, something else?

ArferMo
09-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Pad printer

socialgiraffe
10-10-2014, 10:37 AM
As AferMo says, these would be printed using a PAD PRINTER which is also called TAMPO PRINTING.

As you are in the States I can not recommend any suppliers for you, but to give you an idea of the sort of pencils that can be supplied take a look at
www.pens.co.uk. Alternatively you could try Listawoods (supplier on here) who may be able to print them and dispatch to the US

Many screen printing companies in the UK offer a PAD print service aswell. You can expect to pay between 3-15p per print per colour (depending on number of units) and about £40.00 for a plate (1 needed per colour per position).

Good luck!

Simon Arthur
10-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the tips!