PDA

View Full Version : SCREEN PRINT ONTO NYLON

AJLA
29-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Can you screen print onto polyester football type shirts?

John G
30-07-2010, 09:25 AM
We have printed standard football shirts before using plastisol, think they were polyester - for nylon you'll have to get a 2 pack ink, sericol do one called nylobag. You have to mix the correct amount of ink for the job then add the catalyst - once the catalyst has been added the ink lasts approx 24 hrs and then needs to be discarded.

I'd get practising on t'shirts 1st though as a few knackered football shirts and your profit on the order has dissapeared.

Cheers John

AJLA
30-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Hiya John, get practising... we haven't even had the chance to put the thing together yet :lol: not complaining mind i'm happy to be busy.
When things slow down we'll start practising, looking forward to it too.

We have a regular job with a sports shop and to be honest there's not a lot of money in it for us with, people in our town don't realise it's us doing the job so they go to the sports shop and he gets a cut so he's the lucky one doing nothing and earning a little for it to boot. I was hoping that we could screen print his jobs in the future.

Tom Wiliams
27-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I would like to use my heat press to personalize nylon drawstring backpacks, insulated lunch sacks and polyester backpacks. I have read through many posts regarding the nylon drawstring bags. I would like to try something I saw in the posts - but have a few questions.

Someone posted that they used the Opaque transfer paper to transfer onto the nylon bag. I assume this is the dark transfer paper. My plan is to print kid's names on the bags - so I really want to find a way to create the transfers myself since they will all be different. If I print out some names on the opaque paper and try the heat press to affix them to they nylon - do I have to worry that my test will ruin my machine?

TransferGraeme
27-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Tom

Just a note re your plans to print kids' names onto backpacks.

A lot of parents and schools are now strongly against this - indeed I have heard of schools actually banning backpacks, bookbags, etc with the childrens names on them - in line with their policies on "stranger danger"!

accdave
27-09-2010, 01:40 PM
indeed I have heard of schools actually banning backpacks, bookbags, etc with the childrens names on them - in line with their policies on "stranger danger"!

Probably the same schools who have a deal with a local supplier to provide extortionately priced uniform, and then tell you that you have to put their names in them so they don't lose them :oops: