PDA

View Full Version : sunangel transfer papers

Dave271069
15-11-2014, 09:20 AM
i have just purchased the sunangel white printer and have ordered a few papers to go with it, including the ultralite, ultrabright, and a few sample of the the other one they do,
what im looking for is a thread for people who are already using the above system and what input they have on it, please include any problems you have found and if you have rectified it or how you feel about the finished products,
i will leave my thoughts in a few days/weeks after i have tried and tested it, i must say i am looking forward to recieving it after just using some wow and versacamm stuff im hopeing it can compete with the best
Dave

Dave271069
05-12-2014, 10:29 AM
Ok, sorry for the delay but a very busy time of the year and really haven't put the sunangel to a real test, I have printed a few bits of clothing for myself and the White logo I have printed on my AWDI COOL HOODY looks great and has gone through the wash a couple of time without any issues.
my main problem at the mo is not a sunangel issue but something I need to look into myself, I'm struggling with the masking and layering of images on photoshop, I need to make the White bits in the image red so it will print on the white printer but first I need to arrange a quick training session with my mate before I can then start giving my final verdict,
what i can say is customer service is great and someone is always on the phone or Facebook for immediate advice. I've also been sent some demo papers for hard services like mugs etc so will try and give these a go soon and report back
dave inkdogz

JMugs
05-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Looking forward to hearing all about it Dave.

Janners

spongerobinson
06-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Also looking forward to hearing more [emoji2]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

socialgiraffe
06-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Just putting something here so I get to read as well.

daviddeer
06-12-2014, 12:00 PM
I need to make the White bits in the image red
dave inkdogz
There are a couple of methods you can use.
use the magic wand tool with a tolerance of about 35 and click on the white area and go to select-similar.
Play around with the tolerance to get all the white selected. Then paint brush over the image with the red.
or
Use colour replacement tool. select it. For white areas select your new foreground colour (red). Go to the tool options and select luminosity. This will paint the white area grey. Then switch option to colour and repaint. voilą new colour replaces white.
or
select the white areas and then copy them to a new layer (Layer > New > Layer Via Copy) With the new layer selected, click the fx button on the bottom row of the layers panel, and choose Color Overlay. Set the Blend Mode to Linear Burn, the color to red and play with the opacity. When you are satisfied, click on OK
I am sure there are lots of other ways but I use these most often.

Paul
06-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Just putting something here so I get to read as well.
...and me, so i get notificated ;)

Paul
06-12-2014, 12:33 PM
There are a couple of methods you can use.
use the magic wand tool with a tolerance of about 35 and click on the white area and go to select-similar.
Play around with the tolerance to get all the white selected. Then paint brush over the image with the red.
or
Use colour replacement tool. select it. For white areas select your new foreground colour (red). Go to the tool options and select luminosity. This will paint the white area grey. Then switch option to colour and repaint. voilą new colour replaces white.
or
select the white areas and then copy them to a new layer (Layer > New > Layer Via Copy) With the new layer selected, click the fx button on the bottom row of the layers panel, and choose Color Overlay. Set the Blend Mode to Linear Burn, the color to red and play with the opacity. When you are satisfied, click on OK
I am sure there are lots of other ways but I use these most often.

good way of doing it.
I do it other way, but i think yours is actually easier.

my way:
http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3095&stc=1

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3096&stc=1

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3097&stc=1

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3098&stc=1

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3099&stc=1

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3100&stc=1

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3101&stc=1

Dave271069
06-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Thanks guys, will have a play with some designs soon, but I did make my son a superman jumper and the print came out stunning using ultra bright papers and my oki c610

Dave271069
06-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Here is my sons Tshirt I did using ultra bright
http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3102&stc=1

Paul
06-12-2014, 03:46 PM
wooow! look nice and vibrant!
I got some in as Annie was very kind and send me some for testing. Got to try them tonight!

guarddog14
06-12-2014, 04:45 PM
just leaving a note to follow the thread that looks really good something i may look into

Dave271069
06-12-2014, 05:39 PM
a small problem ive had is when pressing the two papers together i sometimes seem to get some slight issues with the adesive not sticking to the print 100% its like as if i have a cold spot on my press but will need to test some more to rule it out as im using a adkins press.
only time will tell and look forward to trying this masking out so i can start offering some nice designs away from my usual vinyl cuts.

Dave271069
13-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Managed to sort my issues out with the pressing of the papers by turning them around in press half way through the timing, just made a t-shirt using the sunangel white printer where i could of used vinyl but would of taken me to long, please dont ask me to translate for you but here it is.
http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3109&stc=1

JMugs
13-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Good progress.

Quinsfan
13-12-2014, 07:48 PM
please dont ask me to translate for you but here it is.
[/QUOTE]
Something about not liking the English perhaps? :redface:

daviddeer
13-12-2014, 11:09 PM
The old land of my fathers is dear unto me,
Country of poets and singers, celebrities indeed:
Its warring defenders, so gallant and brave,
For freedom their life's blood they gave

Land!, Land!, Pledge-ful I am to my country!
While seas secure
This land so pure,
O may our old language endure.

O land of the mountains, the bard's paradise,
Whose precipice, valleys are fair to my eyes,
Green murmuring forest, far echoing flood
Fire the fancy and quicken the blood

For tho' the fierce foeman has ravaged your realm,
The old speech of Wales he cannot o'erwhelm,
Our passionate poets to silence command,
Nor banish the harp from your strand.

Justin
13-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Looks great, did it transfer evenly? Is there any 'hand' around the image? Any idea on washability? I just did half a dozen shirts with similar amount of text on the back from vinyl, weeded fairly easily but this would save me an hour or two on the job :-)

Dave271069
14-12-2014, 03:21 PM
it transferred great justin i cant do a wash-ability test on this one as its out in post for customer,, i did use to do these t-shirts in vinyl but had to make the font larger so i could weed it easier but to be honest my cutter still struggled with the dots on i and ; : etc, so this method saved a lot of cursing.

Justin
14-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I had to get customer to change font a bit for my last job, my Graphtec cuts really small but my eyes don't see that well for weeding! haha!!

What did you need to buy to have a go with this? When I talked to SA all that time back I was looking around £700 initial investment.

Dave271069
14-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Sunangel White printer is £340 plus vat and I bought a pack of 10 papers at about £2.30 per sheet,
i also own a oki c610 which I had previous from TMT.

Annie@SunAngel
15-12-2014, 09:54 AM
Looks brilliant Dave!

mikeoooze
23-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Dave, What kind of press do you use with the Sunangel transfer papers? Does it have to be anything in particular? Cheers. :smile:

Justin
23-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Still limited to A4 paper size though? Too small for most design imo.

Dave271069
24-12-2014, 08:37 AM
Dave, What kind of press do you use with the Sunangel transfer papers? Does it have to be anything in particular? Cheers. :smile:

i would recommend a adkins or similar, ive had to many problems in past with chinese pres's and other transfer papers.

justin ive never needed bigger then A3 so cant comment, i have used 2 A4 papers on a design once to make a tshirt for myself.

Justin
24-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I guess if the design can be split across 2 A4's it works, design with text under etc. but then costs starts to escalate.

Dave271069
06-01-2015, 06:52 PM
hi guys, just received this email from Annie at Sun angel, things are getting better
To start the New Year off with a bang we have reduced our pricing on our excellent media from £228.00 to £174.00!! for 100 sets.

cant be bad

mikeoooze
06-01-2015, 11:57 PM
Where can you buy these transfer papers and printer? When I go to their website there is no option to purchase anything. :confused:

ArferMo
07-01-2015, 12:52 AM
click on the shop icon and go from there

Dave271069
07-01-2015, 09:14 AM
I prefered to ring them and talk over my options, never had a problem with customer service

ArferMo
07-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Ask to speak to Annie Humphreys 01749 685 680

mikeoooze
07-01-2015, 11:25 PM
click on the shop icon and go from there

Did that, but there are no prices for transfer paper.

socialgiraffe
08-01-2015, 08:47 AM
from £228.00 to £174.00!! for 100 sets

£6.00 cheaper than The Magic Touch. Call me a cynic but..... :wink:

Dave271069
08-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Morning Simon,
Did you get my Pm about the transfers? if so can you give me a day or two as i have some more to add to it from a different customer, he is looking for Stickers for hard hats but im waiting on the design wether it ca be done in vinyl or needs printing, but i still need the Gym ones,

oh and a price war on transfer papers surelly cant be a bad thing though Can it? ;-)

socialgiraffe
08-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Morning Simon,
Did you get my Pm about the transfers? if so can you give me a day or two as i have some more to add to it from a different customer, he is looking for Stickers for hard hats but im waiting on the design wether it ca be done in vinyl or needs printing, but i still need the Gym ones,

oh and a price war on transfer papers surelly cant be a bad thing though Can it? ;-)

Got your PM and will wait your further instruction.

Top tip for hard hat stickers, make sure they are round or oval if possible. They adhere better and do not crinkle.

Not saying that its a bad thing at all, I am just a bit cynical as to how they managed to drop the price so much. TMT dropped their prices because of a legit reason but I suspect Sunangel is just to undercut their competitors. End of the day it might be a good thing unless it all gets too cheap. That is what happened with City Link.

Annie@SunAngel
08-01-2015, 11:09 AM
UltraBrite Pro 2 has rapidly become established as the choice of professionals, offering superb weed-free transfers. We promised improved pricing when we achieved volume targets and now we are delivering on that promise.
The new pricing means you can increase sales and boost your profitability for the New Year.

http://www.sunangelimaging.com/shop/ -

Dave271069
04-03-2015, 12:47 PM
After not getting much custom for my white printer over the xmas period i decided to make myself a t-shirt this morning, i will use this as my experiment top and give it 100 washes to see how it lasts :-) anyway after struggling with getting to grips on the masking side of things i finally got it and turned a black image of a vespa into a red one (colour needed to print white). i must admit i have struggled to get the perfect temperature for peeling away the adhesive backing to the transfer paper to stop bits of the image not sticking but today i used 125 c and 35 sec press which is slightly higher and longer then recommended but this worked perfect for me today. yes i know its a copyright image but this is a tshirt for my own personal use and not for resale (unless i get an awesome order in for them then i could be persuaded :cool:
i could of done this in vinyl but i do like the feel of the print and it does give it that screen print finish, not justified by the model in the images.
http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3335&stc=1 http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3336&stc=1

Dave
www.inkdogz.wales

socialgiraffe
04-03-2015, 01:01 PM
UltraBrite Pro 2 has rapidly become established as the choice of professionals

#facepalm

i could of done this in vinyl but i do like the feel of the print

I agree with you David and the garment is looking good. Out of interest how would it handle the below. I have just been sent some samples to print for another member and one of them included lots of swirls as highlighted below. These swirls are about 1mm width in a light pink, how would the SA system handle that?

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3337&stc=1

Dave271069
04-03-2015, 01:39 PM
You got me there simon, I only have the basic knowledge in Photoshop and I'm not sure if this can or can't be done, I wouldn't attempt it, lol
what I do is use magic wand to select my white parts of image in a new layer and when all done print out the two images separately on one sheet, one on my c610 the other in the sun angel white , if that makes sense ?

ArferMo
05-03-2015, 08:05 PM
No problem to do that with the Sunangel system :rolleyes:

socialgiraffe
05-03-2015, 09:14 PM
What is the registration like when having to push it through two machines arfermo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArferMo
05-03-2015, 09:56 PM
You can get prefect registration... sometimes ;-)

Most of the time its within 0.25mm and occasionally its almost a mm out, but the way you lay the colours down you would not know, and the customer certainly would not.

That example I sent you the other day is a good example as if that curved comet had bad registration on the white text it would actually become disconnected and I've done over 100 of them and only had one failure. But saying that it was easily detected before applying to the garment so it was only the pair of transfer sheets that went to waste.

Annie@SunAngel
09-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Looks good Dave!

YBCM Designs
21-05-2015, 02:35 PM
HI Guys

Does any body know if there is a transfer paper i can use for the Sunangel printers 32WB and 32SC to print onto mugs?

Many thanks

ArferMo
21-05-2015, 08:37 PM
yea from TMT but you also have to use their expensive coated mugs and its not a durable as sublimation.

Justin
21-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Just use the matt finish mugs from Listawood, they look great.

ArferMo
21-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Justin does the laser toner stick to them

Justin
21-05-2015, 09:13 PM
No sorry, I should have said they're sublimation mugs. Take a look at one next to a TMT mug.

YBCM Designs
22-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Thanks

A rep from TMT has recommended using the CPM transfer paper for printing onto mugs? Don't you think this will work?