Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Brand New Here
    By FrankieRudd in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-01-2015, 10:36 AM
  2. Liyu or UK brand
    By COMA in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 11:30 AM
  3. the 'Best' brand of T's to stock .....
    By logobear in forum Clothing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-03-2013, 01:04 PM
  4. Brand new newbie
    By fridz in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-07-2012, 05:05 PM
  5. Brand Reversion - this is worth a look!
    By AdamB in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all I'm Adam and brand new to this.

Hi all thought I'd have a go at starting a sublimation business, I'm a total novice and hope that I can get some good advice from this forum.

Thanks for having me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Adam

Welcome to the forum, if I can help at all please let me know. Good luck with your new venture.

Kind regards

Sarah

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi Adam and welcome to the forum :-)

Justin
    DSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Adam. Greetings from a fellow member who isn't a supplier :-) From buying advice to sharing tips then happy to share. Olly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

As I don't know you from 'Adam' I can't share much with you in terms of advice as you have shared nothing with us !

What do you want to do? that kind of info we need.

I'm not a supplier either (I'm a Premium Member)
    which means I am not selling anything here so you can trust me.

I suggest you upgrade to Premium Membership (£10PA) yourself if you are starting as I saved hundreds by doing so not very long ago, We get discounts from almost all of the top suppliers (there is One who is miserable, there always is..lol) but you will save a very good bit in terms of real money if you are buying new equipment.

Good Luck, it's a 'Rocky Road' and don't expect to make any money :)

There are some great people here too :)
    Last edited by NikGrey; 25-11-2014 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Les Miserables (It's French).
    My website is open:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Using FlexiStarter 10 and a Liyu SC631e & a Silhouette Cameo cutter. 2x Ricoh SG3110dn printers and Adkins Auto Clam press. Using Sublijet-r from Sawgrass.
    ..And I have gotten my money's worth out of this forum - saved Hundreds by being a Premium Member

<-- IF you like this post PLEASE add to my reputation by clicking the 'Star' below this post on the Left :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys, Good to know that help is out there,

I'm stating off with a 3d vacuum heater, Mugs, phone cases, shot glasses and plates, did my first attempt on the phone cases last night. it worked but it wasn't the best result, I'm hoping its because it was the first time sub ink had been through the printer and It was still mixing with the old ink that was still in the system,

I'm going for a full sub on an 8" plate now with the hope that this will get rid of all the old ink and give me a little more practice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you really use the printer with the ink it came with then change to sublimation ink? From what I know this is pretty much a no-no and may cause continuous issues. You better talk quick with the supplier of the printer for some advice and until then I wouldn't use the printer. Olly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OEM ink in printer

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the forum. If I could offer some advice on the old ink / dye sub ink in your printer.

If you previously had standard ink cartridges in your printer and have now put dye sub ink cartridge in you wont instantly get the dye sub ink printing. Most printers have fairly long ink tubes that feed the ink from the cartridges up to the print head and it can take a while before the dye sub ink reaches the print head.

It isn't a major issue, as was suggested in a previous post and mixing the inks shouldn't have any long term effect (I've seen it done lots of times and helped rectify it with a 100% success rate).

If you have a Ricoh printer, I can provide you with some clear instructions and .prn files to show how to purge the old inks and get the dye sub inks up to the print head.

If you pm me your contact details and printer model, I can send this over to you.

Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by adamctid View Post
    Thanks Guys, Good to know that help is out there,

I'm stating off with a 3d vacuum heater, Mugs, phone cases, shot glasses and plates, did my first attempt on the phone cases last night. it worked but it wasn't the best result, I'm hoping its because it was the first time sub ink had been through the printer and It was still mixing with the old ink that was still in the system,

I'm going for a full sub on an 8" plate now with the hope that this will get rid of all the old ink and give me a little more practice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pm'd you Paul thanks, its an Epson 1400 just did a plate had a problem still, I've got a lot to learn by the looks of it, timings and if I need to heat up the products before setting the timer off mainly I think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Adam,

Take a look here at our time and temperature sheet. It provide advice on the correct time and temperatures for most of the blank items we sell, but is a good starting point to refer to for products in general.

http://www.isub-education.co.uk/down...mple_Times.pdf

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by adamctid View Post
    Pm'd you Paul thanks, its an Epson 1400 just did a plate had a problem still, I've got a lot to learn by the looks of it, timings and if I need to heat up the products before setting the timer off mainly I think.